Why are you happy today?

18,198 posts in this topic

The other guy's insurance finally gave up after the lawsuit and they're paying us many €€€, yaayy - it only took eight months. My fourth successful lawsuit against insurance companies (including three not-at-fault car accidents) within two years. If only the insurance companies weren't such A-holes and just paid up when presented with the facts, they'd save lots of money with us :D 

PS: if you don't have Rechtschutz, get it -> necessary in Germany.

1 hour ago, mtbiking said:

If only the insurance companies weren't such A-holes and just paid up when presented with the facts, they'd save lots of money with us :D

Agreed.  Some years ago whilst waiting at a red light (which one tends to do) my wife was hit by another car.  Svere damage to hatchback.

The culprite's insurance (even though the admitted 100% blame) made life very difficult for us & it took the efforts of an Anwalt to sort them - which they had to pay also.

This was no cheap fly-by-night insurance company but a frequently-used one.  The worrying thing is - its also our insurance company.

The echo up at the chapel last night was just phenomenal. And I was on good form. And I am going out now for more before it gets too hot.

On 5/17/2022, 11:37:51, AlexTr said:

Perhaps, just perhaps, if you cannot work where there is more than one conversation happening, you should not work at the front desk of a busy doctor's office.

That being said, the next time you even think to shush me while I am trying to get service from your colleague, reception worker, you are going to receive a Post-It note with "Kostenstelle" written on it and I will then place one on my shirt that says "Einkommensquelle", since you seem not to understand who you are in this transaction. 

This time, I held my tongue because you are obviously getting on in years and might be hard of hearing. I won't tolerate your impudence twice.

My polite and calm note written to the practice owner must have hit pay dirt. You were so pleasant and polite today. So, you can teach an old dog new tricks.

2 hours ago, AlexTr said:

My polite and calm note written to the practice owner must have hit pay dirt. You were so pleasant and polite today. So, you can teach an old dog new tricks.

Your polite and calm note made me think of what my mom often said: Kill 'em with kindness (i.e. don't be mean, be kind).

I'm happy because these chaps are doing a great job of cutting my lawn (Eifel-style).

Image preview

I’ve never had much luck with roses. Maybe because we don’t use insecticides in general.  All previous fertilisers didn’t help much either. I’m happy to now see all of our potted roses with amazing blooms after using David Austin organic Rose fertiliser. It was the last chance before we gave our roses away to anyone with better care knowledge. 

This was our saddest little rose bush that Aldi were giving away for a euro a few years ago….now full of buds and hardly any leaf damage. 
66F004E5-55AF-4B6B-8C8A-6C95ACF15994.jpe

'Oss muck, lass, 'oss muck. That s what roses need. Not bought fertilisers. And a good pruning after flowering. You cannot chop too much off.

Self check in and cabin bags only is also pretty cool. Except i now realise taking back a stash of Amplex antiperspirant is likely to be tricky cos only 100ml of liquids presented in a sealed plaggy bag is allowed in hand luggage...

52 minutes ago, optimista said:

You cannot chop too much off.

Just a warning here, yes you can :-). 

Don't prune below the graft. In particular when your wife tells you you can't chop too much off, don't chop her standard roses down to a single stem 2 feet above the ground and then proudly tell her you have done.

She will not like it.

19 hours ago, pappnase said:

Just a warning here, yes you can :-). 

Don't prune below the graft. In particular when your wife tells you you can't chop too much off, don't chop her standard roses down to a single stem 2 feet above the ground and then proudly tell her you have done.

She will not like it.

My husband is now banned from using garden shears without strict supervision! And, when in doubt, Google the best time of year to prune. I once read that generally, when pruning, never cut more than a third of a branch of anything unless major overhaul necessary.

On 5/30/2022, 2:20:35, robinson100 said:

I am happy because I have managed to make an old, torn deckchair "new" again - I rubbed down the wood and used some oil on it, and bought new canvas to make the seat part.

Now summer can come!

m_deckchair(4).jpg

Essentials-knotted head hanky,   cucumber sarnies,, rolled up trousers.   Enjoy your Summer!

On 5/19/2022, 2:21:15, AlexTr said:

Update: I had to stop by last week to pick up some test results. The practice owner pulled me aside and told me what he had already done, what he planned to do, and what he was prepared to do. He thanked me over and over for putting it in writing.