Why are you happy today?

18,199 posts in this topic

On 11/02/2022, 12:44:30, Findus said:

Our first grandbaby, Athena was born in Toronto yesterday. We're beyond happy!

Enjoy!!! Even complete strangers such as myself and others on here can share your joy!❤️❤️❤️

Tjhank you Metali . That is very nice of you. You are very kind.

23 hours ago, Metall said:

I don't know why, but Magmax seems to be a very sweet person. :)

Happy to see a friend of ours, policeman Giannis in our area on Crete , rescue this skinny dog. To Takis's place.

Giannis spends his weekends rescuing dogs in his free time. NOT only when he is on duty. We admire and love this guy.

I contacted my acquaintance from Kyiv and she and her little son are staying with a friend on Cyprus and are safe. 

I’m happy and flummoxed…..

Flummoxed that my UK house has been left in a disgustingly dirty state by the last tenant.  The managing agent seems to have been very negligent despite them supposedly being the best in the area. The last tenant is a school headmaster…..I’d be ashamed leaving a house in such a state.

My happy part is that my super kind neighbour and his wife have spent many hours trying to clean and fix things.  They have sent me several before and after videos and photos. Bless you S & R.

1 hour ago, emkay said:

The last tenant is a school headmaster…..I’d be ashamed of leaving a house in such a state.

You don't know teachers, my parents were teachers, believe me they can be bad. I can't go into my daughter's room because it brings back memories of living in a perpetual mess.

12 minutes ago, French bean said:

You don't know teachers, my parents were teachers, believe me they can be bad. I can't go into my daughter's room because it brings back memories of living in a perpetual mess.

I guess I should have been forewarned when the headmaster tenant expected that I pay for extermination of a small bird box full of bumblebees. According to bee experts, there can’t have been more than 20 bumblebees in the bird box and wouldn’t harm anyone.

I think the bees probably survived after I sent lots of information to the agent to pass on to the tenant. 

3 hours ago, emkay said:

Flummoxed that my UK house has been left in a disgustingly dirty state by the last tenant.  The managing agent seems to have been very negligent despite them supposedly being the best in the area.

Do you watch the British series „Nightmare Tenants, Slum Landlords“ on TLC?

Nothing surprises me anymore. Nothing. Agents like to collect the money and do little for it like a handover, for example.

The West Indies Cricket Board decided to stick live footage to the Test match on You Tube, and a match that seemed destined for a draw has come to life (although a draw is still most likely).

On 20/03/2022, 16:00:42, fraufruit said:

Could you not keep their deposit for cleaning expenses or simply charge them for it?

The agent generally favours the tenant and calls everything wear and tear as that’s easier for them.  I don’t  get to decide unfortunately. 

We have found the agent thing very dodgy.

I asked a lady from the local council who I phoned after yet another cock up which I think the agent could have been more proactive about, and even as a landlord herself, she was unable to suggest a decent agent in the area and said they were all crap. 

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Maybe your nice neighbors would take it on. :)

Could they use some extra income?

I think that's a very good idea.

On 21/03/2022, 21:25:55, fraufruit said:

Maybe your nice neighbors would take it on. :)

Could they use some extra income?

Unfortunately not as they are moving soon. Even if they weren’t, I think all the legal requirements would be too much.

On 21/03/2022, 21:22:55, kiplette said:

We have found the agent thing very dodgy.

I asked a lady from the local council who I phoned after yet another cock up which I think the agent could have been more proactive about, and even as a landlord herself, she was unable to suggest a decent agent in the area and said they were all crap. 

Same here….I’ve heard they are all as bad as each other. I couldn’t help but challenge (nicely!)  the manager yesterday when she rang me in a huff. She implied I and my neighbour are interfering…

I think not…… I don’t think it’s interfering when new windows fitters were there last week and weren’t given keys to exit the back of the house. The agent staff said they were too busy to leave the office to take the keys (about a mile distance) so the window fitters would have to quit for the day. My neighbour went to the agency, fetched a huge mixed bag of keys, sorted them and got additional necessary keys cut. 

Not to mention him discovering that the painter started painting around 3 thick cables loosely tacked to the skirting board….not cables left  by me.  I didn’t even have chance to instruct which wall colour I wanted so magnolia it is!