Why are you happy today?

18,199 posts in this topic

I am happy today because I have been having trouble with my desk lamp - first it was making strange noises, and then the bulb went.

Changed the bulb and two days later the thing stopped working altogether.

Having taken it all apart, I discovered that the fuse had blown, so this morning I got a new fuse for it, and have just fixed it again - it works perfectly!!!

Oops! I guess I spoke too soon - it has just gone dark again - wonder what is wrong with it now?!

If a fuse is blowing, its usually a sign of something bigger being wrong like a short, if you don't have any electrical training, you should probably either take it to an electrician or more realistically just replace it.

11 hours ago, pappnase said:

If a fuse is blowing, its usually a sign of something bigger being wrong like a short, if you don't have any electrical training, you should probably either take it to an electrician or more realistically just replace it.

Yes, you are absolutely right, Pappnase, it´s going "into hospital" tomorrow!

Pity though - I was really very happy when I thought I had sorted out the problem!

Maybe it's an esoterical message from the Universe, Rob! Maybe you have been getting angry a lot lately and " blowing a fuse."😇

Don't shoot the messenger!😂

There's a lovely old man one floor below. Wolfgang.

Every time I walk up or down the office stairs and pass his flat he comes out and plays with puppy Mandy.

Two days ago, I asked him if he'd like to come by for a coffee Thursday morning. He agreed.

Just this very evening, as I was coming back from Gassegehen and going up the dodgy stairs - he opened his door.." Maueschen " and greeted Mandy and " John, wann soll ich morgen vorbeikommen?"

" 10 o'clock ok?"

" 10 is fine. I didn't want to come too early and wake you up."

I will be very happy to welcome this old gentleman tomorrow.👍

He has a great local Harburg accent as well!

Congratulations @Findus. Such a wonderful blessing. Enjoy every moment of grandparenthood. 

Thank you all for your kind words. Can't wait to meet the little bundle of joy. 

Bin schwer verliebt!!!!

On 12/02/2022, 15:15:22, fraufruit said:

Just when you think you can't love anything more than your children, grandchildren come along.

Congrats!

What a beautiful comment!❤️