Why are you happy today?

18,069 posts in this topic

New lens on my glasses for my " good " eye! Since 11 o'clock this morning I am now able to read street signs and shop names from 10  metres away!👍👍👍

Life changer!🤗❤️👍👍😂😂

On 12.12.2021, 20:56:22, LukeSkywalker said:

Yeah, a pity that there are very few sport enthusiasts on TT.

I spend most of my day working for sport (unpaid).

Both protests of Mercedes were put into the bin by the FIA.

Just not that sport.

@tor More info, please!  Who will get it for Christmas? Was it hard to find? Is it for yourself? Or are you just happy it exists??

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/20/gabriel-boric-vows-to-fight-privileges-of-the-few-as-chiles-premier

Boric beats far right Kast in Chilean election. He won't be perfect but shades of Allende/ Pinochet here and Chile remains divided. I do understand some of Kast's supporters in the election are also " regular " people worried by high levels of street crime/ shootings etc. I don't condemn them for their fears.

Its the Winter Solstice in the Northern hemisphere so from here onwards the days get longer - very slowly at first of course.

The following song is thus appropriate for the day - we once saw Steeleye performing on the 21st December & they included this song.

We got to meet & know Ken Nicol - the lead singer here - and often chatted after the shows - including on the last night of the tour before he left the group.

I saw an ad on a neighborhood site last night, offering the middle chair free. I'm happy, and so are its two foster brothers.
61c264b3e78aa_TheThreeChairs122121.JPG.9

I've had the other two chairs for 35 years. The cost me $5 each because they were in bad shape. I had them reupholstered for $300. You can see that the rocking chair was especially loved by its former owner - see the stained grips on the arms. Winter joy on the darkest day of the year!

4 hours ago, katheliz said:

I saw an ad on a neighborhood site last night, offering the middle chair free. I'm happy, and so are its two foster brothers.
61c264b3e78aa_TheThreeChairs122121.JPG.9

I've had the other two chairs for 35 years. The cost me $5 each because they were in bad shape. I had them reupholstered for $300. You can see that the rocking chair was especially loved by its former owner - see the stained grips on the arms. Winter joy on the darkest day of the year!

Do yourself a favour and get a rockitman  (https://rockitman.biz/) for your rocking chair.

17 minutes ago, jeba said:

Do yourself a favour and get a rockitman  (https://rockitman.biz/) for your rocking chair.

I checked it out - it would be fine for a hammock, but not for a rocker. If I ever get a hammock, I'll let you know. :) 

We’re very happy….our daughter came home early for Christmas and brought three friends with her to stay.  We’re very much looking forward to our impromptu Christmas!

I'm not happy today, just for today.

I've been happy for a few weeks.

Because very nice, articulate, American ladies on here have invaded my inbox.

I'm sure if I decided to invade their inboxes, I'd be arrested.

I'm happy because I didn't fall over on the slippery, freezing pavements this evening. I'm a man of simple tastes!👍

2 hours ago, john g. said:

The mind boggles, Chelski!😀

But back on track :D and just for you John.

Jimmy on his double-necked Gibson and playing THAT song, but switching from 12-string to 6-string @ 06:19.

JPJ on the keys too.B)

You are a scholar and a gentleman, Chelski❤️

Beautiful rendition by Jimmy there!

And I'm happy you are attracting as much  g-string attention from erudite American females as Jimmy with his 6-strings!😂

Merry Xmas, babe!👍👍

25 minutes ago, john g. said:

You are a scholar and a gentleman, Chelski❤️

Beautiful rendition by Jimmy there!

And I'm happy you are attracting as much  g-string attention from erudite American females as Jimmy with his 6-strings!😂

Merry Xmas, babe!👍👍

Love to you and Nicole. Stay safe and healthy. Merry Christmas!.

14 hours ago, Chelski said:

Because very nice, articulate, American ladies on here have invaded my inbox.

Whew! Glad I am neither nice nor articulate.