Why are you happy today?

17,860 posts in this topic

The fish can swim up from the sea perhaps. Can't get fresher than that.

John, you are very trusting. Hope it all works out for the cats in your absence. I think you will be glad to be on less seismic territory. Bit wobbly at the moment down there. You get to swap earthquakes for wind and rain. Hoorah.

17 hours ago, HEM said:

Trust you are prepared for the Hamburg weather: currently howling gale & lashings of rain.

Fischmarkt reported to be flooded.

As I write, it is absolutely belting down with rain here! Mind you, lovely lunch in the sun earlier!😂🤣

21 hours ago, john g. said:

As I write, it is absolutely belting down with rain here! Mind you, lovely lunch in the sun earlier!😂🤣

Mindset change needed- Soup and Woollies weather from now on!

Taking a customized VHS B2-C1 DaF class with 3 others, and we have finally graduated from Lernkrimis to a real Krimi, Martin Suter‘s „Der letzte Weynfeldt“.  The hard work is paying off.  😀  Having fun, and feeling motivated and pleased. 

On 10/23/2021, 8:27:44, RedMidge said:

Mindset change needed- Soup and Woollies weather from now on!

Soup, Wellies, and Woolies!

A few days ago, great tits have explored our balcony - to our cat's delight who watched them from inside.

I put an old teacup with shucked sunflower seeds outside - which the cat ate part of - and a few minutes ago, several birds came to eat!

The cat will go crazy when she'll realize that... :P

Don't worry; we keep an eye on her. And there's a net to secure the balcony. No hindrance for small birds, but for pigeons and the like. And cats.

I am happy today because I have just tidied my tomato plants away for this season, and still have quite a crop to enjoy!

The Kerrygold butter, my favorite, was on special today at my Edeka for only 1,39€!  (I used to buy it in the US for baking for $4.50).  So I bought 6, smiled, and couldn’t wait to tell @murphaph.  😂  The small pleasures are the best.

Not sure if this is better in the happy of flummoxed thread, but against my expectations, I've just had a successful and pleasant call with HMRC.

An admin error in my National Insurance Contributions (placed into voluntary class 3 rather than staying in class 2) was resolved quickly and simply. My overpayment for the last two years has been credited onto my Class 2 account, which according to my rough calculations, means I must be more or less fully paid up for the UK pension.