Why are you happy today?

17,788 posts in this topic

Got my Einbürgerungstest Ergebnis today (32/33), a whole month earlier than the Volkshochschule predicted!

Makes things easier at my citizenship appointment next Thursday!

Congrats. Which question did you get wrong? Who is the Bundeskanzlerin of Germany 👻?

(smug) I got 33/33 right. Moved home after completing the test, got citizenship at last in another Bundesland, but I did not have to take the test again! I guess the Einwohner figures are corrected so there is one less foreigner on the list.

An event for new citizens is held in Potsdam, I want to attend. But I declined the chance to take part in a Podiumsdiskussion.

Silly things! I was in town really early today - 8.30! A friend had stuff to do so early and took me with him.

Now then, the cats hadn't had a decent feed for a while as I have been absent but today was hopefully a game changer- Brathaenchen.

I was so surprised the supermarket had the chicken so early ( around 9.15 ). I thought no way until maybe 11 or 12.

So the buggers have finished off the whole chicken- and it was big. Three feedings today.

I know, I know... chickens also deserve to live but cats don't think that way.😖

Not my fault!!

12 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Congrats. Which question did you get wrong? Who is the Bundeskanzlerin of Germany 👻?

:lol: No.

I would have gotten full marks, but I went back and changed an answer! Even though my personal rule is: "never change an answer unless a light shines from the heavens and Jesus himself comes down and tells me to change it, or if another question gives the answer."

It was: Wann wurde die Bundesrepublik Deutschland gegründet. Answer is obviously 1949, which I had as the answer... but then I second guessed myself, even though it never was a question that I got wrong in the practice tests <_<

Yeah! For those who are interested and/ or care! Yeah❤️

And it is around 35C right now. Not everyone wants to get out of bed to help others.

Me and my buddy are close to being really shit hot at what we do. Yes, I am blowing my own trumpet and saying this myself. But persistence and hard work are paying off. If only he could remember to check before we start where the dal segnos are - and what happens when he gets there... :D

1 hour ago, evildudette said:

I signed the biggest contract in my company’s history, and made 4 job offers to grow the team. Onwards and upwards!

Echa pa'lante!! :)

I bought an Abitur ballgown for my daughter February 2020. There was a small flaw that the shop said they would repair.  When the Abitur ball got cancelled, we went to collect the dress for future use.  The flaw hadn’t been repaired and the dressmaker said that it wasn’t actually repairable.  I got a credit note.  A year later, credit note still not used so I nicely asked them for a refund given that the dress wasn’t repairable as was promised and I’d paid full price. My husband bet with me that I’d never get a refund!

Very happy today that I have indeed received a full refund, reference ‘Kulanz’ :). Now just have to collect the bet from my husband ;)

9 hours ago, emkay said:

I bought an Abitur ballgown for my daughter February 2020. There was a small flaw that the shop said they would repair.  When the Abitur ball got cancelled, we went to collect the dress for future use.  The flaw hadn’t been repaired and the dressmaker said that it wasn’t actually repairable.  I got a credit note.  A year later, credit note still not used so I nicely asked them for a refund given that the dress wasn’t repairable as was promised and I’d paid full price. My husband bet with me that I’d never get a refund!

Very happy today that I have indeed received a full refund, reference ‘Kulanz’ :). Now just have to collect the bet from my husband ;)

Hope your daughter and friends have a celebration!

No cockroaches in the office today! 😂

But they have time.. the night approaches!

Our son is flying in from Toronto this morning. Haven't seen him since March 2020.

Very happy indeed!!!

Got the contract for my new job as a Lead Test Engineer for Orbex Space. Slightly unhappy as I have to move to Scotland.

Edit: unhappy about leaving Germany not about going to Scotland.

1 hour ago, Cheekyfox said:

Edit: unhappy about leaving Germany not about going to Scotland.

Don‘t forget to bring your umbrella ☔️.