Why are you happy today?

17,704 posts in this topic

Six months waiting time for an eye check up in our part of Hamburg, fraufruit..so had to do it here. Have an appointment for something else medical- rearranged the date yesterday as our flight had been postponed four times .. Corona-bedingt.

Checking in is always stressful. We have a dog with us ! 😂

PS: just remembering my old mum who had never been to an airport until I said “ come with me and Auntie Alwyn to Heathrow to pick up my daughter.”

Years ago but anyway!

We are waiting for the door to open but it didn’t. Baggage time etc.

So my mum :” I’ll go in anyway and help her.“

” Mum, you can’t.”

Mum: “ why not? Can’t I have a ciggie and help her to look for her luggage?”

” No, mum. You can’t.”

” Mum: “ well, how about I buy some duty free ciggies  in there and she can sort out her own luggage?”

” No, mum, you can’t.”

My mum: “ what are fucking airports for then?”

My mum!😂

Oh. I though you were planning this trip for many months already. I get that corona has thrown a spanner into a lot of our plans, though.

I just wish you could get a 2nd opinion.

Planning, yes, fraufruit! But corona. I mean, we weren’t even allowed out of our province till the other day. And masks still. And restaurants have only just opened. And even paying utility bills is not easy- they keep shutting the offices. 
And no flights. And cancellation of flights.

And all the rest of it - just like elsewhere...

And Nicole’s son and our friends are telling us we can’t meet at restaurants.

And I have some business appointments - but where/ how?

And etc .. because...

I just saw a headline on CNN about the Voyager spacecrafts, and clicked it with dread.

These spacecraft are not making any more news, it could only be an announcement that something went wrong and one has shut down. Probably lack of power, or even something catastrophic.

But no, it's a real headline. Almost 50 years after being launched, and almost a lightday from earth they've made a new discovery. Modulation in plasma density that doesn't come from our sun.

They're still doing science even though they've officially left the solar system, and are now galactic wanderers.

This artist's illustration depicts NASA's Voyager 1 spacecraft entering interstellar space.

Safe Trrip , dear friend  John.

We just had our Covid tests! Negative!👍

Germany here we come on Saturday!😀

By the way, the guy at the lab arrived and said “ Germany has changed the rules again.”

Moi: “ no, they haven’t! Get on with it!”

😂

( He was referring to those already vaccinated ). What it DOES mean , thankfully, though, is that those with a negative test max. 72 hours before flying do not need to quarantine. )

First world happy...after 3 years of faults with a main brand vacuum cleaner that barely vacuumed anything, several repairs and several guarantee rebuffs, we today received our ‘converted‘ vacuum.  A brand new, latest model albeit apparently now without any further guarantee. Asking them to whom the issue can be escalated to for a sustainable solution, resulted in the final offer for ‘wandlung’.

Also happy about IKEA‘s 10 year/lifetime guarantee...husband just had to find an 8 year old invoice.  New wardrobe doors delivered and fitted without any question.

TIP...Keep all invoices and any emailed correspondence.  Don’t be fobbed off, be persistent and, if German writing isn’t easy, use deepl.com (no, I’m not sponsored by them!) I’ve found it very accurate. Even my husband and daughter are impressed and relieved I no longer need them to check anything I write. 

I´ve just killed that damned mosquito which had terrorized me for 2 days.:)

I'm happy that my trail camera hasn't taken any more photos/videos of rats on my patio 4 nights in succession. But the camera has recorded both my cats and two other cats inspecting the hole during the night and two of them spraying their urine plentiful against the wall just above the hole. Hopefully the rats have decided that this place isn't safe anymore and have gone for good. Great job cats. And great job camera. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

I'm happy that the Great Tits that were using my nesting box the past weeks have successfully raised their young. I was lucky enough to see the last one leaving the nest a few days ago. I cleared the box out just now after observing a tit having a peep twice yesterday. Maybe another couple are looking for a good place to build a nest. There was one tiny egg left in the nest. 

100_4672.JPG

Just seen my daughter's updated pic on her WhatsApp❤️

Gorgeous❤️❤️❤️❤️

4 hours ago, bramble said:

I'm happy that the Great Tits that were using my nesting box the past weeks have successfully raised their young. I was lucky enough to see the last one leaving the nest a few days ago. I cleared the box out just now after observing a tit having a peep twice yesterday. Maybe another couple are looking for a good place to build a nest. There was one tiny egg left in the nest. 

100_4672.JPG

I am really happy there are people like you.

This is perverse on the happy thread  ( maybe ) but my toothache issues will be resolved Tuesday.. a tooth fell out over breakfast a few weeks ago- no blood. Swift, painless. 

Toothache occurred in Hamburg last week and went to my long-standing German dentist Jens, who has the full technology. 

" John, the tooth fell out but forgot to take the root with it. Muss raus."

I had been wondering whether if it required hospital treatment ( don't want a Greek hospital or any hospital)..

In town on Crete today and saw a lady dentist I know here who has treated me before .. in front of her door ( dentists have been closed here as well because of Covid ).

" Open?"

" Yes."

So I went in and explained. Sat down and she had a look. 

" Yes, can take it out. No hospital." She doesn't have x-ray facilities etc but is experienced..

So Tuesday morning it is.

Happy? Erm, aaarrggh! Jein.

Muss raus- then I can be happy... well, at least, maybe a week later cos there will be antibiotics and stuff...😒

When I was at school all those years ago and mental arithmetic and 7 times 7 is 49 and stuff, I had plenty of teeth!

No maths required anymore! Getting close  to 0 times 0 equals 0.

😂

Mind you, I remain happy because I am still incredibly good-looking!😩😂

My baby sister, ten years my junior, paid me a surprise visit today. She called yesterday to say she was picking up a blind rescue dachshund to be rehoused in Southern California. The two of us surprised the Fuenflings, and my sister got to meet the Sunshine Boy, now eleven months old. All of us are very happy!

If I say it myself - and others said it too - I was pretty damn good. They'll not be hearing it like that again for a while.

That showed 'em. Satisfaction.

On 5/11/2021, 9:06:44, MadAxeMurderer said:

I just saw a headline on CNN about the Voyager spacecrafts, and clicked it with dread.

These spacecraft are not making any more news, it could only be an announcement that something went wrong and one has shut down. Probably lack of power, or even something catastrophic.

But no, it's a real headline. Almost 50 years after being launched, and almost a lightday from earth they've made a new discovery. Modulation in plasma density that doesn't come from our sun.

They're still doing science even though they've officially left the solar system, and are now galactic wanderers.

This artist's illustration depicts NASA's Voyager 1 spacecraft entering interstellar space.

V'Ger....