Why are you happy today?

18,198 posts in this topic

Hull City won the match against Wigan 3-1. Brilliant.

The 2020/21 squad will be presented with the League One trophy after the final match of the season at Charlton Athletic next Sunday.

I will be wearing my Hull City scarf again next Sunday

Hull City 3-1 Wigan Athletic highlights - Tigers crowned champions with victory - Hull Live (hulldailymail.co.uk)

https://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/2021/may/we-are-the-champions/

Six new abandoned puppies in our area on Crete. But happy because someone is making room for them鉂わ笍馃憤

11 hours ago, john g. said:

Six new abandoned puppies in our area on Crete. But happy because someone is making room for them鉂わ笍馃憤

I'm happy that Takis is caring for the puppies, but every time you post these videos I'm disgusted over and over again that nothing concrete is being done against this enormous wild uncontrolled reproduction of dogs in Greece, which is creating such unnecessary and avoidable suffering.聽

We can go out to eat on Crete now! So we did! In our neighbouring coastal village, Mochlos...

Lockdown much less lockdown now..of course, with precautions...

IMG_6455.jpg

I'm so very happy today and am still quite elated. I reported per Email an incident of animal cruelty聽(which my daughter and I had witnessed in the local Stadtpark)聽to the Ordnungsamt last Thursday and today I heard (admittedly through the grapevine) that the dog was聽removed from its owner this morning. I had been able聽to name the person in question. For confirmation I will again write to the Ordnungsamt on Monday and enquire quite innocently whether in the meantime they have done anything about it. Maybe I'll get an official reply.聽

27 minutes ago, bramble said:

I'm so very happy today and am still quite elated. I reported per Email an incident of animal cruelty聽(which my daughter and I had witnessed in the local Stadtpark)聽to the Ordnungsamt last Thursday and today I heard (admittedly through the grapevine) that the dog was聽removed from its owner this morning. I had been able聽to name the person in question. For confirmation I will again write to the Ordnungsamt on Monday and enquire quite innocently whether in the meantime they have done anything about it. Maybe I'll get an official reply.聽

Good to hear- well done. I wish more would report abuse and cruelty to animals.

3 hours ago, bramble said:

Well done, Bramble鉂わ笍
If you don鈥榯 mind, what did the cruelty involve? Only if you wish to give details, of course.

45 minutes ago, john g. said:

Well done, Bramble鉂わ笍
If you don鈥榯 mind, what did the cruelty involve? Only if you wish to give details, of course.

We know the bloke in question because we see him almost daily several times a day with his dog - a beautiful black German Shepherd dog - in the Park and in the town centre. Most of the locals know him. Most people try to avoid him. He makes a very unpleasant impression. Umkempt and unstable. The dog is mostly unleashed and is addicted to running after sticks his owner throws for him, sometimes narrowly missing hitting people. He doesn't work and has a history of drug abuse. It looks as if for the past year he is on a downward spiral. He's about 30 years old. But this is only part of the聽issue.

My daughter and I were walking our dogs in the Stadtpark last Wednesday afternoon and the bloke in question was walking in front of us with his dog. He was drinking beer and threw the empty bottle into the grass. He was obviously very much under the influence. We saw him throwing a stick a few times for the dog on the grassy area in front of the war memorial. We were walking on the other side of the grassy area and had a good view of what was happening.聽It was a sunny day and there were a few adults and kids nearby. He called the dog twice, but the dog was occupied with his stick and didn't obey straight away. So the bloke went up to him and tied the lead tightly around his neck and then lifted the dog up with the lead so that the dog could barely聽touch the ground with his hind paws. The dog must have been chocking. Then he let him drop abruptly to the ground and repeated it all again. Then he placed his foot firmly on the dog lying on its side on the grass like a big game hunter and spread his arms wide proudly grinning. Then he let the dog stand up and went with him further into the park. What he did was obviously not the first time he had done it. It looked too skilled. A few minutes later we saw him sitting on a bench hitting the bench with a stick. The dog was barking wildly as he wanted the bloke to throw the stick for him.聽 The bloke was drinking out of a Kr盲uterschnapps bottle. There were two young women with very small children sitting near, but they left obviously distraught by his behaviour. I had often heard that he abuses the dog and that he had been reported to the Ordnungsamt several times, but this was the first time I had seen him abuse the dog with my very own eyes.

It was so disturbing that the next day I reported him to the local Tierschutzverein and the Ordnungsamt. The Ordnungsamt asked me to follow up my phone call with a report in writing so that they could process the complaint. Seems they acted on it today together with the police, but I will enquire per email on Monday and hope I will get an official confirmation. The dog is probably in the Tierheim now and I hope he will be placed in better capable hands. I'm sure this news will make the rounds here quick as lightning.聽

What a nightmare geezer, bramble. That guy may need his own Heim sometime soon. I hope the poor dog is safe now.

Wow! Just spotted such a sexy woman with a dog this evening...can't get her out of my mind. Maybe I can get to know her?

:D

IMG_6474 (002).jpg

I am happy today because,

my ants are back.
聽 No idea how they survive the winter.
聽 I was worried, but today I saw them again - and immediately fed them with sugar water.

the bird's-eye-chilies have germinated after all.

my computer was only dusty and not broken.

I still have a pair of flip-flops.

tomorrow it will be warmer than 25 degrees.

I will have breakfast on the balcony.

I'm happy today that I'm getting the hang of my new trail camera. Here's a photo from this morning of a great tit in mid flight just after leaving the nesting box (on the right of the photo) I provided for them.

IMAG0004%2B%25282%2529.JPG

I had originally bought the trail camera to document whether there are still any rats on my patio. I had only ever seen one at a time, but where there is one, there are usually more. I had also discovered the hole next to the rainwater pipe against the wall. I reported it to my landlady and a pest controller was here to set up traps with poisened baits. He was here again to check the baits for bite marks and there were. So I was hopeful that any rats that were there were all dead, never to be seen again. Well, at least one is still here. There were two photos only a fraction of a second apart, so it's the same one and one can assume聽it聽stayed in its hole after the photo was taken because there were no more. I'm very happy about the camera working so well, though.聽

IMAG0085.JPG

On 7.5.2021, 13:50:53, bramble said:

I wrote to the Ordnungsamt this morning and got an immediate reply that the dog is no longer in possession of the person in question. Due to Datenschutz I can't ask for more information. I hope that it stays that way, that he can't claim the dog back after a few months.聽

A friend of mine is involved in dogs and their rescue in town here. He said once the dog has been removed, it needs very good documentation to get it back.

Just days before we fly to Hamburg.. been worried about my 鈥 good eye 鈥 for a few weeks and finally made it to eye doc Jiorgos today. I have been worried.. sort of seeing floating spots and keep blinking .. anyway.. 鈥 excellent, Mr John. Come back in September.鈥

馃憤馃憤馃憤

Phew!! Next stop: tomorrow evening to the lab place for a Corona test... pick up the results the next day.. not sure how it works ie piece of paper in English or some app thingy which I will maybe not be able to find during the stressful check in at the airport on Saturday!馃槀

I hope you have an appointment with a good eye doc in Hamburg for a second opinion.

Why is checking in stressful? Aren't your papers in order?

Have a safe trip.