Why are you happy today?

17,665 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

馃憤 Just聽鈽庯笍聽before the daily聽Mittagspause. Chatty聽as ever. 馃榿聽She鈥檚 a聽Konstanzerin but attempts to clean it up for me.聽馃槀聽

Great- I love these signs of hope and optimism. I start feeling there is聽life after this time of plague!!

23 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

You gotta admit, she's pretty good.

She's rockin' it!聽

It cuts out just as the high聽kick is attempted :mellow:.

She was so fab until then - I hope it didn't turn into an entry for You've been framed....:o

Had my hair cut yesterday. fourteen months after my last visit to the hairdresser. Everyone there was masked up, so it was a little quieter than usual, but I was happy to see how busy the shop was.

Apparently it's true - social isolation has led many to reconsider their appearance, with only their critical and lying mirrors to tell them how they look. They say Botox injections are very popular.聽
Now that we're getting a handle on the Covid-19 virus, maybe attacking the Covid-15 weight gain is in order.聽

I was sent this moving story of how a brilliant Canadian scientist saved the lives of children with his use of insulin. Just imagine being the parents of the children that day. Happy there have always been geniuses in this troubled world of ours with great solutions to sad problems:

BED2B58F-AA40-4533-9B42-11EF3D830773.jpeg

So sad when you read about kids dying before they even really start their lives. Same as now, of course.馃檨

1 hour ago, optimista said:

Picked up my French ID card this morning.

Hang out the tricolour, put a string of garlic round my neck and play me the Marseillaise someone.

:lol:

You rang?

https://youtu.be/215W-29Gt7s