Why are you happy today?

17,665 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, HH_Sailor said:

Trailer visible:rolleyes:,

but full episodes only in UK (or here with a suitable VPN):(

I`d put good money on them seeping through to Youtube pretty quickly....

Lovely to see...For the last few days, for only an hour or so in the afternoon, we have hundreds of ladybirds all over our house walls and windows. Swarms in the air too. Several different types, never seen this before.  Apparently, they are looking for a place to hibernate. 

https://www.nabu.de/tiere-und-pflanzen/insekten-und-spinnen/kaefer/05774.html

Would be great if it’s a sign of good luck! Maybe more of a sign that we never use insecticide...good luck for the ladybirds!

55 minutes ago, emkay said:

Lovely to see...For the last few days, for only an hour or so in the afternoon, we have hundreds of ladybirds all over our house walls and windows. Swarms in the air too. Several different types, never seen this before.  Apparently, they are looking for a place to hibernate. 

Would be great if it’s a sign of good luck! Maybe more of a sign that we never use insecticide...good luck for the ladybirds!

I love to see these signs of changing seasons. The little beauties find their way indoors, and I gently take them outside.

Lovely, Red and emkay!🙏🏻
Here in the office, I have left one of the windows open 24 hours a day since about May! Warm.

I actually had a look at the window sill etc today. A couple of heavy duty spider’s nests and a busy spider.

No insects or other creepy crawlies around inside here.

Very Darwinilian, of course. I feel sorry for the spider’s victims as well. That may sound crazy, I know.😟

Happy again!

In 1969 I was in Bonn for a three week German language course. Apparently , I sent letters to a Elena ( also 17 at the time ) from Athens afterwards with my plans to visit the world! 
She googled me and - yes, that is me! She emailed me yesterday  one of my letters from Christmas Day in Malmo 1970, when I had written her and told her I had had a cup of coffee- and that was it! Too broke!

We have just WhatsApped for an hour!

So funny after all those years!😂
She has a box full of old photos and dairies and letters!

15 minutes ago, john g. said:

Happy again!

In 1969 I was in Bonn for a three week German language course. Apparently , I sent letters to a Elena ( also 17 at the time ) from Athens afterwards with my plans to visit the world! 
She googled me and - yes, that is me! She emailed me yesterday  one of my letters from Christmas Day in Malmo 1970, when I had written her and told her I had had a cup of coffee- and that was it! Too broke!

We have just WhatsApped for an hour!

So funny after all those years!😂
She has a box full of old photos and dairies and letters!

Sounds like it's time for that Peaches & Herb song Reunited! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu3OQFCsKXQ

I am happy because an orchid I bought for a certain person on Sunday survived the shopping trip alongside three bags full of dog and cat food!😂

( Mind you, I can’t remember which of the dog and cat food the orchid needs to survive till Sunday! Does the bugger need water?😂)

9 hours ago, john g. said:

Mind you, I can’t remember which of the dog and cat food the orchid needs to survive till Sunday! Does the bugger need water?😂)

Yes....usually best to soak the shop bought orchids for about 10 minutes and then drain. Never keep in standing water.  

On 10/21/2020, 2:48:56, emkay said:

We've had swarms of them too. One sheltered section of our backyard wall must have had 50 or more, and more than a few have found their way inside. Our son (1.5) has had a tonne of fun poking them and saying his word for bug/bees/flies. 

21 minutes ago, alderhill said:

We've had swarms of them too. One sheltered section of our backyard wall must have had 50 or more, and more than a few have found their way inside. Our son (1.5) has had a tonne of fun poking them and saying his word for bug/bees/flies. 

Just found several in my car door frame...safe from being squashed so they are welcome to stay there!

My lady Nicole , is back tomorrow ! 💋

It has been a while! Grandson!

Now the cats and dogs and the jeweller’s .. a. belated birthday !😂

I enjoyed a nice walk in a local park with beautiful autumn colours and sunny afternoon. It didn't cost me a penny. The famous Golden October.