Why are you happy today?

17,284 posts in this topic

We had so many wasps around our terrace that it was almost impossible to sit outdoors. As we don鈥檛 want to kill them, we put聽a few saucers of water (shallow enough so that they don鈥檛 drown)聽mixed with a little sugar and honey several metres away from our terrace and they love it. We鈥檙e no longer聽bothered by any! 聽They only聽live 12-22 days and quite fascinating to watch. 聽Usually around 30 in the saucer though聽camera shy! 聽We move the saucer聽slightly further away regularly.

2F44AB60-2708-48DA-9A4D-17483C84A60E.jpe

Got my permanent residence permit (Niederlassungserlaubnis) today聽:D

Munich.

Applied in May, in June got a聽letter with the PIN.聽

Regularly checked聽https://www17.muenchen.de/EATWebSearch/聽--> "The card is not ready for pick up".

Last week wrote an email to Ausl盲nderbeh枚rde.聽

Next day聽https://www17.muenchen.de/EATWebSearch/聽--> "Unknown document".聽

"Coincidence? I think not" (c)聽

Today the card was delivered to my door :)

Now I am a bit more "white" person.

Happy to see this today. Never聽seen such a phenomenon...

51BD3607-00B4-4518-BDDE-0884031B8628.jpe
ETA. Just found this explanation....聽Halos around the sun or moon are caused by high, thin cirrus clouds drifting high above your head. Tiny ice crystals in Earth's atmosphere create the halos. They do it by refracting and reflecting the light. Lunar halos are signs that storms are nearby.

Man! The Greeks drive me crazy! I moan ( quite rightly ) about their attitudes towards pets.

And then.. I walk 40 minutes to the beach and Panagiotis, the taverna owner and wearing his mask.. 鈥 jassou, Mr John.鈥

And I tell him I am gonna jump into the water before I order anything.. so I do. I come back from swimming.

And then I come back and 鈥 Mr John, on the house.鈥

A plate of French fries and tomatoes.

Fucking Greeks!馃拫馃檹馃徎
( mind you, there is the issue of his peacocks.. but another day!)...

I came back from a short trip to the Netherlands on Thursday evening, did a corona test on Friday morning and received a negative result today. Yippie! No more travelling this year though. Done with it.

I had to wait many years and mostly the LA Lakers didn't make it to the play-offs, but now they finally won the final series against Miami Heat with 4-2. LeBron James as MVP. They wore the black mamba shirts to honor Kobe Bryant. Great!

I'm happy today because I've finally got my tooth! To make a long story shortish: a month ago i went for my annual check up. One tooth was broken. Dentist started to mend it. Whole tooth fell apart. Cap ordered. Provisional metal cap installed. Had to be filed down a couple of days later as it ate into my cheek.聽

Date coming up.聽 Got sniffels, cough and temperature risen to C36 (sic). New date after weekend. Still coughing. Cancellation. Took covid test. Self isolation 'til test result. Negative. Called dentist for new appointment. Nothing available until ten days later. Metal cap still uncomfortable. Continued self isolation not to catch anything before that. Cabin fever.

Today! New cap on! Happy dance!

Yes, Miss Knowsitall,, going to the dentist to get a聽 new tooth will soon be a thing of the past, but as it's so much cheaper and easier to order from Amazon, that's nothing to be unhappy about. (Sorry Dessa dangerous, couldn't resist)

Thank you very much indeed thanks to you Mister Johneth Gee for the lovely doggy photo which always catches my eye.聽

@john g.聽 Toytown was brought to you today by the letters John and Gee.聽:)

35 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Dexter is coming back for a 10 episode series!!!!

Wherein he will work his way through the Trump administration and family, culminating with giving Trump a Colombian necktie.

nIfts3WbH8ubNq0xIoCifHYljbO99HMbuePd9BIQ

A chunk of oak thats too good to burn... a 12鈧 socket with usb and a Aldi Led lamp with holder... 10鈧 聽聽

looks ggod and fits in with my "rustical" plans!!

On 10/4/2020, 10:29:00, Sannerl said:

"Spitting Image" is back!

when and where??