Why are you happy today?

17,227 posts in this topic

We’re very happy today as our 5 year old cat is back on good form...even better than she has been for the last 3 years. At the start of June, she had a total crash and was near death. After spending a week in the animal hospital, she was diagnosed with chronic kidney disease and Hyperaldosteronism (very rare in a young cat and not curable though manageable). After much contradictory advice between vets including that there’s no hope, we’ve finally found a great balance of treatment that enhances her quality of life. At the moment, we just administer 1-2 subcutaneous infusions per week together with daily mineral  and vitamin supplements.  If anyone’s cat is suffering CKD, please PM me and I can forward details of a great cat CKD forum.

Where there’s life, there’s hope...

Where there’s life and love, anything is possible.

My last grandchild, a little boy, was born two hours ago, healthy, and bringing joy to the Fuenflings. 

5f016fdc48396_AugustAnthonyPeters070420.

7 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Congratulations, Grandma!!! How many do you have now?

Thanks for your good wishes, @fraufruit. :) 

It's complicated, but the number is ten, ranging in age from the little mandrake baby above to his oldest cousin, who's 41. 

68 today and not a wrinkle to show for it!!

:lol: ( But a deliberately small pic so no one can check.) 😜

IMG_3966.jpg

7 minutes ago, john g. said:

Ha - beat you by a few days (yet again).

And you’re still taller than me, HEM!

Belated best wishes!

👍🏼👍🏼🙏🏻

17 hours ago, john g. said:

:lol: ( But a deliberately small pic so no one can check.) 😜

IMG_3966.jpg

OK John- you have not realised we can all enlarge this?😉🎉

Of course, anyone who's ever loved realizes sooner or later that love alone is not enough. If only it were that easy! But a green for you anyhow, @john g., because there was a lot happening in the 60s that I'm happy to remember.

Dog left to die by a hit and run driver... looked bad.. but on the road to recovery💋🙏🏻
Nice one, dear tourists, nice one, dear vet, nice one, dear Takis.

General Cretan mentality in this regard, otherwise: nul points.

Re a sick goat on the beach a week or two ago and a mother dog with two still alive puppies ( three are now dead.)

We were at the beach this morning. Feet up on chairs, in the shade ( bloody hot but no sunbathing at our age, please.)

Suddenly a cop car appeared and the cop started taking photos around the closed taverna area where we were relaxing. First thought: „ ah shit, ah, no worries, our dogs are leashed to our chairs“  and then my partner Nicole said: „ I have a feeling that policeman is a friend of Takis, (a  famous local animal rescuer.“)

So I ran to his car just as he was about to drive off. „ Jassas, are you Manolis, the friend of Takis?“

“ Jiannis. Yes, he is my friend. I am looking for a goat. A Dutchman reported it.“

“ We know about the goat and we fed him a couple of times but that was over a week ago. But there is a black mother dog , a stray , with two puppies.“ So I showed him a photo and told him where we think the dog/s might be.

His reaction was wonderful. „ I will be in this area the whole day and I will find the mother dog.“ And he gave me his direct phone number in case we saw the mother today ( we didn‘t ) and for future reference. A direct contact from now on!

Don‘t know what happened but will be following a certain website. We do, anyway.