Why are you happy today?

17,190 posts in this topic

In the afternoon, we had a really nice time at the ice cream parlor nearby. We got our ice cream and sat on the public benches, keeping our distance to all the other people.

Afterwards, I went to the Turkish supermarket while my husband checked out what the status is at YanYou (our favorite Chinese restaurant).

They have takeout again! Started 2 days ago (I spoke to the owner who was as happy to see us as we to see him).

They had to change the inner entrance-door; it now has a teller-window.

And the take-out is from the complete restaurant-menu now!

So good... but we couldn't eat much; not even half of the two main dishes and a few bites from the starter (which he gave us for free; so nice!)...

There's free dessert, too...

@sarabyrd and @enview had an al fresco picnic at the Viktualienmarkt today. The workers were busy breaking down the benches, preventing people sitting close to each other - the photo was taken before the bench was dismantled.

94312939_10159545107930828_6872663326820

We thought Martin ( a cat hanging around rubbish containers ) was blind. We took pictures of him and went to the vet today. There is hope..it might just be a virus..so antibiotics have started. He didn´t notice what we put in the food. Tuna fish always works!

Come on, babe! We are on your side.

:rolleyes:

IMG_3404.jpg

13 minutes ago, john g. said:

We thought Martin ( a cat hanging around rubbish containers ) was blind. We took pictures of him and went to the vet today. There is hope..it might just be a virus..so antibiotics have started. He didn´t notice what we put in the food. Tuna fish always works!

IMG_3404.jpg

Glad to see that you;re OK, John - German news reported a 6,9 earthquake for Crete.

We had sex, keefy!! The ground moved!😂

It was difficult with social distancing, mind you!😂

2 minutes ago, john g. said:

We had sex, keefy!! The ground moved!😂

Arf!

We thought it was the end of the world so we thought we‘d better get on with it, keefy!😂

I look forward to becoming a father again post- corona!😂

Patience and another dog saved.

🙏🏻
Shame about the other dog at the end.😟

This is close to us in the canyon area. We think it is a dog in the wild we have been feeding for a couple of months and we leave food every day but we haven’t seen him or her for a few weeks. The food gets eaten .. maybe by Finn.. but if not.. by another abandoned soul..

dunno.

But, man , this Takis guy. What a guy...

Ah! Little Devi, a five year old boy around the corner and whose parent’s puppy Mandy we have taken in ( because they are unable to look after it - mother, father, two kids living in one room ) brought my partner Nicole a bunch of flowers today!

Nicole regularly spoils this little boy with chocolates, reading books, crayons etc.

He stopped me in the street - “ where does Nicole live?”

Absolutely charming!💋👍🏼🙏🏻

On 5/2/2020, 10:54:55, john g. said:

IMG_3404.jpg

Some progress. Martin is no longer scrounging around in the rubbish containers. His fur is better and he has been  noticeably waiting for us to call his name!

Today, however,  he ignored our  calls so had to go back a couple of hours later ( in the bloody heat🙁) and then he got his act together- “ where’s my bloody tuna fish?”

Ok, you got it! And the medication.

Not sure about your eyes, babe. I hope- I HOPE - the medication will work. Come on, babe.💋🙏🏻

PS- old picture. Our dogs were with us and the sun  “ hat geblendet.” Difficult to take a picture..

There is always someone or something worse off than you/we are. No need to feel ashamed about that. It is the way it is. But every little bit of help... helps.

17 hours ago, john g. said:

Ah! Little Devi, a five year old boy around the corner and whose parent’s puppy Mandy we have taken in ( because they are unable to look after it - mother, father, two kids living in one room ) brought my partner Nicole a bunch of flowers today!

Nicole regularly spoils this little boy with chocolates, reading books, crayons etc.

He stopped me in the street - “ where does Nicole live?”

Absolutely charming!💋👍🏼🙏🏻

Here they are!!🙏🏻

5879C73E-A3C4-4AA3-86CD-F792F746432C.jpeg

I am unhappy on the happy thread because I have abused the apostrophe! I have just noticed I wrote “ whose parent’s puppy “ instead of “ whose parents’ puppy.”

I am deeply ashamed!

😂

By the way, Martin was happy with his grub today! Eyes— na ja. Not really ...but we live in hope.

How horrible it must be to be blind. 

owl2020ii.jpg.3b9f35a9d933185ce9323e60bfOut walking the dog this morning and saw the eagle owl was enjoying the morning sunshine. Yesterday evening its three chicks were outside playing too.

Today, Lilly got chance to play with her "Reckenroth" buddy for a few hours!!   After 8 or so weeks of lock down, Noah wasnt allowed out of the house as his sister Has eppilepsy and other problems!

Lilly and Noah played like nowt had happened!  Both with masks... 

At 1400, she came and said " Can I take the blanket coz we want to go to the spielplatz for picnic...

"sure"...

hours later they came back..". we have run out of S+V crisps... Brezn, strawberries  and biscuit.. you need to go to Rewe"... 

Life is starting to be fun again... 

I am happy cuz we took a walk this evening to the Konstanz-Kreuzlingen border in the Altstadt, 15 minutes from home, and both fences have been removed!  😃  One is supposed to have a good reason and apply to cross over.  It's an honor system.  This means that lovebirds and families are now reuniting!  😃  👏

Had a wonderful time cycling today instead of using the subway!

For the dogs sake I'm happy that in Austria cycling with dogs on the lead is illegal. 

https://www.tierfreunde.org/blog/hunde-am-fahrrad-ist-nicht-erlaubt/

There is a fine of up to 726 € if you keep your pet on a leash while cycling.

Not a nice trip - for your dog

In addition to the simple leash, there are also so-called "dogrunners", which are intended to make it easier to lead the dog when cycling. The animals are forced to accept the speed of the bicycle and always run close to the tire. Whether normal leash or dogrunner, from the legal point of view of the animal both are more than questionable. Because if your dog is exercised next to a bicycle while on a leash, he will inevitably be forced to a faster pace. Your pet has no free choice between slow speed or even stopping to sniff or pee in an interesting place. The natural interest to greet other dogs or to get away is not satisfied by this.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Wish it was illegal here as well.