Why are you happy today?

17,092 posts in this topic

Signs of hope with Spring. Bickering birds, swooping swallows, speedy squirrels, and the flowers all bursting through the earth. Smell of the sea, fish and salads.

Just a little thing but amusing:

While the sun shone brightly outside with no wind at all, I was sitting at the computer, slaving away in home office like a good little worker bee.

A faint sound drifted in from the slightly ajar balcony door... a distant sort of pounding.

"Durn, they're still tearing down that old house next door..." *clicketywork* "And I'm stuck here at home..." *yawn*

"Those jackhammers are awfully far away..." *clicketymousemouse*

"Uh... damnit, that's a monster wasp on the balcony, it's gonna build a nest again!!" *runs outside*

Out on the balcony, the buzzing humming noise was nearly thunderous. Where was the wasp? Or was it a HORNET?!? Was it going to invade my blinds again and chew up everything??

Panicking, I searched among last year's dead flowers (I'm lazy and the birds love it) and the new growth...

... and was confronted with the fuzziest, fluffiest, noisiest, and most enormous bumblebee I had ever seen in my life.  :D

This absolute tank of an insect only was flying because it didn't *know* it wasn't supposed to be able to.

Deliberately, majestically, noisily it rose from a pile of old cuttings. The tiny monster circled my head, bumped into my colorful sleeve, almost fell down, and then headed for the first blossoms on the snapdragons, there to rummage about, still producing the distant industrial jackhammer sound that kept it in the air. :)

Gradually, the little flying bomb lost interest in my flowers and slowly took off in the sunshine, the close to infrasound booming hum receding...

:D :D

I don't know how to copy and paste tweets but this one has gone viral:

My Grandma who is in isolation accidentally dialled a wrong phone number yesterday and spoke to a random lady also isolating for 20 minutes about her life. They’ve exchanged numbers so they can keep in contact and meet up once this is all over and I just think that’s lovely

It was followed by a whole thread full of similar stories -- mostly old ladies calling wrong numbers and ending up chatting with someone else, and even becoming friends.  And the original tweet has gone viral.

I think I may live after all. There have been moments recently when I began to have doubts.

12 minutes ago, optimista said:

I think I may live after all. There have been moments recently when I began to have doubts.

I'm glad you are feeling better. It has been obvious lately that you are struggling.

Stay Safe!

We just returned from a beautiful 3.5 hour walk in nature with the dog.  We are discovering more and more of these hidden gems right in our lovely backyard.  So calming.  😊

I am happy because nobody saw me wee against a tree close to the beach today.

No one else around.

The tree thanked me for acknowledging its existence .. „ no tourists around at the moment, mate.“

I emphasised with my new friend and vacated the area.

White flour was back on the shelf at REWE! Bought one bag, albeit it wasn't the Ja! brand so it cost more than I'd usually pay. 

12 minutes ago, john g. said:

They let you in, Rajesh?🙏🏻
I don‘t think they‘d let me in right now!

😂

Luckily, there was a spare seat in the last A 380 to Frankfurt :D