Why are you happy today?

17,203 posts in this topic

Well - yesterday.

Yesterday I had the dubious pleasure of attending a 5 1/2 hour aeroclub meeting in Kassel.

There and back again via train - all on time!

First Regionalbahn to Hamburg main station, then ICE to Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe (arrived even 2 minutes early).

Return ICE departed Kassel on time & was only a minute or so late in Hamburg but no trouble making the Regionalbahn connection for the last segment.

Still exhausting but better than trying to drive.

Flight booked to Hamburg second week in March and the chance to get some bureaucracy sorted out and see some friends as well and feel out possible locations for our return to Hamburg after 6 years here!

5 hours ago, HEM said:

There and back again via train - all on time!

... better than trying to drive.

One of the best things about living in this country.  👍

5 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

No it isnt... Beer is one of the best things... 

9 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

I have experienced it differently in the non-too-distant past.

It's weird with trains here, my experience is the S Bahn is good, the Regio Bahn seems to be virtually always on time where as the ICE is really a lottery

I'm happy because the rain is gently drumming on the window while I'm working... I love the sound... occasionally chatting with a colleague... getting stuff done.

...and sometimes listening to Henry Rollins (Black Flag) - very hard, very truthful  :D

22 hours ago, john g. said:

Flight booked to Hamburg second week in March and the chance to get some bureaucracy sorted out and see some friends as well and feel out possible locations for our return to Hamburg after 6 years here!

Good luck- all will be well.✈️

The feeling of positive solitude! A step back from chaos and stress..

IMG_2863.jpg

Happy today that, despite a not so good night's sleep, I made it on time to the Einbürgerung and found myself seated next to an Englishman who also now has a dual citizenship. 

Came home and found the Christmas box from my parents in America, mailed on December 18, had finally arrived. Inside, among other things, the Constant Comment tea like my grandma used to serve when we visited her home so long ago. Had a cup, savoring the scent of oranges and spice, then had a cry of relief. All those hoops to be jumped and in some cases re-jumped are over!  Am I now an American-German or should that be German-American? I don't really know what to say.

A week or two ago, a couple of puppies were abandoned at our local beach. They came over to our table.

Today, whilst out with one of our dogs at the square, I spotted them and a young Greek asked me in English if I could help grab them and put them in his car so he could rescue them.

" Where are you  taking them?"

" To the rescue centre,Takis," ( our animal rescuer hero here.)

So he took them!

That really made our day.

IMG_2837.jpg

17 minutes ago, john g. said:

A week or two ago, a couple of puppies were abandoned at our local beach. They came over to our table.

Today, whilst out with one of our dogs at the square, I spotted them and a young Greek asked me in English if I could help grab them and put them in his car so he could rescue them.

So he took them!

Did you ask him for any ID?

How do you know he was taking them where he said he was taking them?

I recognised him from the village and I know his name. Nicole will check on Facebook as well!

I can´t ask for ID...I´m not a cop!

On 2/7/2020, 8:33:37, john g. said:

So he took them!

IMG_2837.jpg

update: and after some serial lying by a local but it has worked out:

https://www.facebook.com/TakisShelterCrete/videos/the-3-puppies-are-again-all-together/2862703773785875/