Why are you happy today?

17,050 posts in this topic

The " locals " will sort him out, snowingagain. Yes, I was also baffled about the x amount of life sentences..his problem. He deserves all he gets. His karma...

Yup. '33 life sentences and he must serve at least 30 years in jail' is most baffling. I thought my maths was a bit crap but that does take the biscuit.

I don't know that there's much point suggesting eventual freedom for psychopaths, if that's what they are. Can actual psychopaths be rehabilitated? Can empathy be learned?

My Ami Secret Santa sent me a case of assorted craft beers from Crew Republic. I'm drinking a Drunken Sailor right now and it is delicious!!!

Not sure when I'll try the Rest in Peace at 10.1%.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

My Ami Secret Santa sent me a case of assorted craft beers from Crew Republic. I'm drinking a Drunken Sailor right now and it is delicious!!!

Not sure when I'll try the Rest in Peace at 10.1%.

Go for it.  Enjoy.   You’re worth it. 😘

The uk has voted against hate and anti semitism and has shown that some political vierws are unacceptable.  Highest of respect for rejecting corbynism and racism in all its forms.  Well done.

As much as brexit might be bad for me personally, some things are more important than selfish issues around tax and whether or not I get treated like other foreigners in germany and lose my priviledged status.

23 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

The uk has voted against hate and anti semitism and has shown that some political vierws are unacceptable.  Highest of respect for rejecting corbynism and racism in all its forms.  Well done.

As much as brexit might be bad for me personally, some things are more important than selfish issues around tax and whether or not I get treated like other foreigners in germany and lose my priviledged status.

I agree with your first sentence but am saddened that British people will become foreigners in EU.    Christmas dinner in 2020 is going to be a Brexit dinner - no Brussels, sadly.  

From NYT: WASHINGTON — The Senate voted unanimously on Thursday to recognize the Armenian genocide as a matter of American foreign policy, a move that was made over the objections of the Trump administration and that underscored lawmakers’ bipartisan rage at Turkey. 

The passage of the legislation, a symbolic victory for Armenians around the world, is the first time Congress has formally designated the 1915 mass killings of an estimated 1.5 million Armenians at the hands of the Ottoman Empire as a genocide.

My grandchildren are 1/2 Armenian, 1/4 German, and 1/4 American Mutt!

2 hours ago, zwiebelfisch said:

I agree with your sentiment.

However, I am not convinced that this is the reason why most voted against Corbyn.  And that there is still too much racism around and in the push for Brexit.

45 minutes ago, evildudette said:

I applied for a PhD a couple of weeks ago, and I got in! I start in January and I'm so excited!

Well done, very best wishes - the hard work will be worth it.  

53 minutes ago, evildudette said:

I applied for a PhD a couple of weeks ago, and I got in! I start in January and I'm so excited!

Brilliant! What kind of research will you be doing?

On 12/12/2019, 11:44:52, BethAnnBitt said:

From NYT: WASHINGTON — The Senate voted unanimously on Thursday to recognize the Armenian genocide as a matter of American foreign policy, a move that was made over the objections of the Trump administration and that underscored lawmakers’ bipartisan rage at Turkey. 

Yes, it's about time.  Three of my cousins are half-Armenian, half-WASP. Armenians are the forgotten man in terms of holocaust survivers.

1 hour ago, evildudette said:

damn, girl, things have certainly turned around, eh?

I could not be more happy for you!

Thanks all :) 

I've been working my ass off so I think it's time things took a turn for the better! Next year is going to be incredibly hard but so rewarding.  I'm researching part time while continuing to build my business (I'm researching the academic side of what I do professionally, which is helping companies launch into other countries) so it's going to be busy but fun.

Wishing you well, lassie , and I hope you get another tax rebate! THAT is good for the soul!🙏🏻