Why are you happy today?

16,944 posts in this topic

Thank you, fraufruit!

When we bumped into him outside Lidl a few months ago, we had a chat for the first and only ever time  and his exact words re the dog situation here were: „ i’m Greek. you know what the problem is here? The fucking Greeks.“

His exact words.

Just watched the video. So skinny and hungry the poor thing. The pups look well nourished, she's such a good mum. I'm so happy that Agapi and her pups are now in such good hands. She even let Takis stroke her. Have also just sent a donation.

I can‘t watch the video— technological problems ( typical moi😂)

It has been 18 months of feeding Agapi, dear bramble. 18 months and two litters. Incredibly shy.

I was first able to stroke her briefly a couple of weeks ago with a dog biscuit in my hand.

Then she just slouched away again. As she always has done.

Last spotting a few days ago was the last time I was able to feed her. That was when she came along the road.

She had been waiting.

She got an anti- flea tablet from me.

My God, 8 kittens this time and it seems the whole time she was about a kilometre away from her children when she waited for food ( according to Nicole, who has seen the video.)

They are in loving hands now with ibternational exposure through the internet.

When Nicole is back in December, we will visit her chez Takis!

💋

That is very kind of you to have contributed! When we go and visit and see Agapi and kiddies eating, I will know and appreciate it and say to Agapi: „ hey, Agapi! Eat your bramble! It is good for you!“

😜🙏🏻

Hugs, dear bramble!

Ha! My Nicole was at the optician´s in Hamburg today and got chatting to the lady there. They found out they are both dog lovers, Nicole told  her about and showed her the video about Agapi and the lady gave Nicole 50 euros to take to Takis!  Lovely!!

:P

Morning all! According to  Takis´s website ( and through a message to me from Nicole this morning ), Agapi now has her own name: Sophie!

And the brown dog is now Peter!

The 8 puppies still need names and Taxis invites people on his website to suggest names beginning with A (because it´s her first litter at his place ).

3 hours ago, john g. said:

The 8 puppies still need names and Taxis invites people on his website to suggest names beginning with A (because it´s her first litter at his place ).

Alfie - that's my dog's name!

3 hours ago, john g. said:

(because it´s her first litter at his place ).

Hopefully Takis will take care that it is also her last and have her neutered. 

10 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

Alfie - that's my dog's name!

Always thought 'Arry would be a good dog's name, OK it should start with 'H' but no one pronounces the 'H' in certain parts of the UK.

Guaranteed, bramble! That´s part of what donations  pay for.

We´ve had a few lady streets dogs neutered a few times out of pocket...costs around 120 euros at our vet´s. Sometimes there are free" Sonderaktionen ", which are not publicly advertised, using medically  trained volunteers from abroad. " Heard it through the grapevine " sort of stuff....

I'm happy that there is so much kindness and compassion...

IMG_7986.JPG.71822eeb5fb991f2dd529b17f57Real-life Friends-style ‘Smelly Cat’ called Maximus who was found close to death in a gutter becomes internet sensation as thousands share appeal to pay stray moggie's vet bills.

Maximus found struggling to stay alive in a gutter and was diagnosed with HIV.

The plight of the 12-year-old cat has touched the hearts of thousands globally.

Just days after appeal was launched more than £6,000 was raised to pay for bills.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7763497/Real-life-Friends-style-Smelly-Cat-called-Maximus-close-death-gutter.html#comments

Truly horrific, emkay...that is horrible, poor little mite.

:angry:

So wonderful that so many are helping with their love, compassion and money.

I'm happy because today we'll be able to move back into our apartment, 14 months after category 5 Michael destroyed our little town in the panhandle

Well, it was yesterday morning in town at the eye doc’s..

There is an old widow in our village who has never got over the death of her son a few years ago and also two years ago of her husband.

She is almost always sad and crying and Nicole gives her a hug and some compassionate words everytime they cross paths.

We don’t know her name but just say die-Frau-die-immer-weint to each other when we mention her.

Yesterday morning, as I was coming out of the doc’s, she came into the room and said to me: “ you, too?” ( ie with an eye problem ) and we both smiled.

And she had a lovely smile. I was the one who had a tear in my eye when we both came out with the same words of farewell .. “ jassou, agapi.” ( see you, darling ).

💋