Why are you happy today?

16,887 posts in this topic

Anyone who wishes to hike a peak nearish to Munich may want to attempt Rechelkopf which is an easy yet spectacular hike which we did yesterday. 

Image result for rechelkopf

I helped my garage and looked for the rare type of winter tires for our vintage car - and found some! :lol:

Whoever invented Voltaren--thank you! I had a sudden massive back spasm and pain along my back this evening.Simply awful. Gone!!!

Today, big commemorations took place in my hometown Arnhem (A Bridge Too Far) to remember operation Market Garden of WW II. 7-8 veterans made it incl. a veteran from Scotland who returned here for the first time after 75 years. He felt very welcome.

On 9/16/2019, 12:31:56, jeremytwo said:

Anyone who wishes to hike a peak nearish to Munich may want to attempt Rechelkopf which is an easy yet spectacular hike which we did yesterday. 

Image result for rechelkopf

Fun fact: if you right-click that image and select "Image info", you'll see the following:

j2bullshit.JPG.1d8d86e3de847bacb293b9fc7

So he stole a picture from some website and pretended he's been there. I'm happy I caught him in another lie.

#travelswithjeremy

Or maybe he doesn't always take his own pictures but just finds a nice one when he gets home - using a stock photo doesn't impinge in any way on the truth of his trip.

I don't particularly care either way, actually. If people like the place and wish to visit it, they will be happy to have been introduced to it either way. I doubt there is anyone on TT who will feel cheated that they are not actually standing in the spot where He stood :lol:.

1 hour ago, El Jeffo said:

Fun fact: if you right-click that image and select "Image info", you'll see the following:

j2bullshit.JPG.1d8d86e3de847bacb293b9fc7

So he stole a picture from some website and pretended he's been there. I'm happy I caught him in another lie.

#travelswithjeremy

is that all your life is worth? sussing people out? mm one could say ..get a f####g life

Someone left us a bag full of their home grown grapes on the wing mirror of our car today! No name..just a lovely gesture! The great side of Crete!

Thank you anonymously!

7 minutes ago, john g. said:

Someone left us a bag full of their home grown grapes on the wing mirror of our car today! No name..just a lovely gesture! The great side of Crete!

Thank you anonymously!

You lucky devil! 

Someone left a slight dent in my car- they must have misjudged backing out, and a large smear of something pink. Hope it was just ice cream!

2 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

You me banged to rights guv. Yup I did copy paste, after all there is precedent here in TT Jeff?. But I was actually there. Young Kiplette here puts it better than me:

2 hours ago, kiplette said:

Or maybe he doesn't always take his own pictures but just finds a nice one when he gets home - using a stock photo doesn't impinge in any way on the truth of his trip.

I doubt there is anyone on TT who will feel cheated that they are not actually standing in the spot where He stood :lol:.

"He"? never thought of myself as a prophet before. I feel a bit holy now.

1 hour ago, delbert said:

is that all your life is worth? sussing people out? mm one could say ..get a f####g life

People like him we call autists do an awesome job on 8chan which is back soon.

I meant to share this from last weekend. Friday for my wife is Eff Off Fridays so by the time she gets home the bikes are on the back of the car and we jet off to the Alps again. In Tegernsee is a valley called Weissach which is dream biking along the river. Then you turn up the steep climb to this place Schwarzentennalm:

Image result for schwarzentennalm

Wife wants to drag me up the mountain behind for a skitour in winter...

Then Saturday because the Alps are ridiculously full we biked the region round this pond:

Image result for thanninger weiher

Which is in person as beautiful as it is here photographed on Google images. Sadly no nude sunbathers bu still nice.

Sunday...we ate a lot of cake using apples from my tree.

On Saturday I was surprised that one of my "nanny children" could still understand me when I spoke English with him. His dad had said his English had become worse. Well, even if it has, he could still communicate quite well for a 9 yr. old. That made me happy! 

15 hours ago, delbert said:

Okay, day-old account that's a pro-Brexit climate change denier and immediately decides to attack me.

Seems totally legit. Welcome to Toytown. Again.

Helplessness at the Munich public transportation ticket vendor - again...

Two elderly gentlemen, one German lady having already tried to help, but happy to see that my English (language at the machine already switched to "English") was better than hers (or she was in a hurry; whatever).

"May I help you? - "Yes, please..." - "Where do you want to go?" - "Oktoberfest." - "Round-trip or more?" - "Round-trip." - "You stay together?" - "Yes" - "Easy or slightly more expensive?" I recommended the slightly more expensive "Partnertageskarte Innenraum" for up to 5 adults for one day because they had to cancel that only once and it is valid until 4 AM the next day. Happy faces.

Immediately afterwards, two young men presumably from the near or middle East desperately asked for my help - laughing, I applied. In their case, the easiest was also the cheapest ticket: trip in town, airport in the afternoon - "Partnertageskarte Gesamttarifgebiet" was the ticket. One of them was ready to embrace me, but decided otherwise and only shook my hand. I wouldn't have minded...

Oh, and I reminded all of them to and where to cancel their tickets.

In between, a tourist who had asked the elder Gentlemen for help and they recommended me (blush) - he wasn't sure if he had to cancel his ticket; turned out he bought it at DB (Deutsche Bahn) and it was valid for "sofortigen Fahrtantritt" - no cancellation necessary.

Well - as I explained to all of them: the Munich Tarifverbund is complicated even for me: born, raised and living in Munich...

You do wonder why I used "cancel" instead of "stamp" the whole time? - Have you ever been to Munich and used public transportation? ;)

I'm pretty sure I left a positive impression on all of them. And being able to help makes me really happy.

I never witnissed a check on the Wiesn' Express (U4/U5), probably because it's too crowded and full with drunk people. I doubt everyone has a valid ticket, but the MVG is not too much interested either. 

It's supposed to become easier this December. So, hopefully no longer a Ph.D required. For me it becomes like €10 cheaper per month as well :).

2 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

I never witnissed a check on the Wiesn' Express (U4/U5), probably because it's too crowded and full with drunk people. I doubt everyone has a valid ticket, but the MVG is not too much interested either. 

There are enough drunken controllers themselves...

2 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

It's supposed to become easier this December. So, hopefully no longer a Ph.D required. For me it becomes like €10 cheaper per month as well :).

Yessss!!!

i have found my dear friend  Melanie and that makes me happy. and i would like to thank all the nice people onTT For tryng to help me.