Why are you happy today?

16,780 posts in this topic

Maybe I missed something here, but anyway, I'm happy after reading about White Rose and her new kitty leaving white hairs everywhere :wub:

I have been seeing some wool moths around the apartment the last couple of days (booooo) so I've been going through my clothes trying to find a source or any evidence that they're munching. No I'm not happy about this

what I AM happy about is that it's a good opportunity to weed out stuff I don't really care to wear anymore, and spiff up the stuff I do still love (a sort of kon marie thing but not so drastic).

now the part that thrills me, as embarrassed as I may be to admit it:  shaving my sweaters.  before you judge too harshly, let me tell you: there are few things so banal yet satisfying than sprawling on the bed and shaving a beloved sweater or twelve.  A beer by my side, with each piece I get to reminisce about what was going on in my life when I knitted it (or perhaps bought it), think about times I wore it that were particularly fun, and watch it turn from a bit tatty to good as new in no time flat.  The last one genuinely looked like it was a goner but nope, it's perfectly fine.  Just needed a little love.

Squeeeeeeeeeeee!

Don't knock it til you've tried it :)

must admit, I thought England would be lucky to get a draw, all set up nicely for the next test starting on Thursday.

First game: no Anderson

Second game: no Smith in the second innings.

The what-ifs are mind-blowing, French!:rolleyes:

Got one of these new stand up paddles for the holidays. We tried it out on the beach near San Tropez earlier this year and my son lost the tiny bloody screws which holds the fin on the board. I was scraping through the sand to no avail. 

Bought another screw last week so we can use it again in Croatia soon and today we tested the whole board out in the inlaws pool. Perfect. This SUP may be fun...

The lump that came up on my dog's side seemingly overnight is an injection site reaction and no suspicious cells were found in the needle biopsy.

A high wave knocked my glasses off my face a week or two ago...down at the beach taverna this afternoon, a German couple, friends of ours, asked: " John, what do your glasses look like? "

Me: " dunno...can´t remember.."

Hans and Erika: " we found a pair of glasses against the wall the other day..here they are."

And they are my glasses!!!! (and cleaner than when I lost them!! )

:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, evildudette said:

This should be in the flummoxed thread Wulfrun! :P

Wait, what - this isn't?!? - Bummer.

;)

Two of my granddaughters, visiting in Paris and having fun standing over a Metro vent.

5d5dc384e8555_ThePetersGirliesinParis201

I'm proud to say I have reached Week Five of the Couch to 5k Running Podcast. A few false starts wearing pretty crap clothing then a trip to the sports shop to buy an arm band to hold a smartphone and some decent shorts, and that is all one needs. The first few times you go out you are wide eyed, frightened of looking daft and very self conscious, but now it seems normal to get out there.

The early runs are very easy, mostly walking with short 90 second runs so almost anyone can start. Week Five changes the pace and you start to run five and eight minute stretches. I deeply recommend it to anyone wanting to get fit. The first step is to buy good pair of running shoes - mine are for forest and trail running as I don't want to run in towns. I've already lost 2-3kg.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/couch-to-5k-week-by-week/ 

It is very British but there are other languages including American accented ones!

On 8/23/2019, 4:05:43, jeremytwo said:

I'm proud to say I have reached Week Five of the Couch to 5k Running Podcast. A few false starts wearing pretty crap clothing then a trip to the sports shop to buy an arm band to hold a smartphone and some decent shorts, and that is all one needs. The first few times you go out you are wide eyed, frightened of looking daft and very self conscious, but now it seems normal to get out there.

The early runs are very easy, mostly walking with short 90 second runs so almost anyone can start. Week Five changes the pace and you start to run five and eight minute stretches. I deeply recommend it to anyone wanting to get fit. The first step is to buy good pair of running shoes - mine are for forest and trail running as I don't want to run in towns. I've already lost 2-3kg.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/couch-to-5k-week-by-week/ 

It is very British but there are other languages including American accented ones!

Nice going! I'm going for my first 10km in a week's time and I'm still a bit wide-eyed at the thought of what I'm planning on doing to myself.

Aiming to practice sloooooooowing down my pace so I don't run out of stamina so easy

After a few disasters we will soon own this toy:

Having been an old fart with car tech this thing even has "apps" for it. I look forward to talking to it a bit like David Hasselhoff in Knight Rider. And we can now drive back down to Spain with the caravan which for a few years the old Mondeo (sniff! RIP) wasn't capable of. We just found out it has an espresso maker which is vital for long tours where I'm always stopping for caffeine to keep going!

Happy to have received our British Corner Shop order.  We only order once a year or so, though the British food nostaligia is sometimes welcome. Not very healthy choices, though occasionally,  just have to think, whatever!

Also happy that I've sent my husband and daughter off out to have dinner together...best way to bond without me after a week of moaning at and about each other. 

Roll on a harmonious weekend :)

Well I managed to actually climb aboard one of these SUP boards. Because I have an affinity with gravitational forces (the first time I stood on one I fell flat in the mud), I insisted on only the sitting version like a canoe. Boy is this fun!

take_me_to_the_lakes_muenchenguide_suede