Why are you happy today?

16,944 posts in this topic

John what on earth is that sport on Youtube? Cricket used to be five days long, easier to watch on a black and white portable (with a coat hanger aerial (we used to use our coat hanger everywhere - even watched the Charles Di wedding from a boat on the Norfolk Boards with a coat hanger on a pole!)

We used to play it on a beach or field with three stumps at the back and one stump by the bowler as we couldn't afford the two extra stumps! And a tennis ball!

The commentators used to receive cakes from admiring wives and discuss them in the commentary box. 

I can remember unpredictable Ian Botham. You  never knew what was going to happen with him. Then you settle in and of course...

Rain stops play! :)

28 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

John what on earth is that sport on Youtube? Cricket used to be five days long, easier to watch on a black and white portable (with a coat hanger aerial (we used to use our coat hanger everywhere - even watched the Charles Di wedding from a boat on the Norfolk Boards with a coat hanger on a pole!)

We used to play it on a beach or field with three stumps at the back and one stump by the bowler as we couldn't afford the two extra stumps! And a tennis ball!

The commentators used to receive cakes from admiring wives and discuss them in the commentary box. 

I can remember unpredictable Ian Botham. You  never knew what was going to happen with him. Then you settle in and of course...

Rain stops play! :)

Bees stop play these days, jeremy!!

https://www.cricketworldcup.com/video/1258537

11 minutes ago, john g. said:

Bees stop play these days, jeremy!!

https://www.cricketworldcup.com/video/1258537

Buzzing buggers eh? I have planted a flower garden this year to attract them. Still small at this moment in the heat. I even collected stones from the beach near San Tropez to write the flower names on! 

Bring on the little buzzers!

I had two slices of my chocolate birthday cake on the beach today!?????

21 again!?

Thank you,  food mom! My dog Max forgot to congratulate me. He´s on a diet from now on! Bastard!:lol:

Enjoy your B'day and I'm sure there will be many more opportunities for Max to congratulate you.

17 hours ago, john g. said:

I had two slices of my chocolate birthday cake on the beach today!?????

21 again!?

Belated birthday wishes mate, keep an eye out for birthday cards. B)

Crocodile Dundee, Kylie Minogue, Harold Bishop, Dame Edna Everage, Hugh Jackman, Rolf Harris, Prisoner Cell Block H, Merv Hughes, Skippy.

Can you hear me? Your boys took one hell of a beating. :lol:

I had just come out of Aldi's and there was a woman crying her eyes out, she'd lost all of her holiday money. I felt so sorry for her I gave her £50. I don't normally do that kind of thing but I'd just found £2000 in the carpark..

Second that, no finger nails left. Who says Cricket is boring? It's the Ashes next, hopefully another nail biter.

Two appointments this week:

eye doctor on Wednesday...will keep the appointment

manicure on Thursday: will reschedule!!

:D:D