Why are you happy today?

16,628 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, john g. said:

Great news, Jeremy! A painful time for your son and the whole family is slowly coming to an end.

Thanks John. This afternoon we were down the clinic. I hope this is our last visit. We've had wheelchairs, crutches and something called a Vacupede a kind of inflatable boot. From now on he has to put weight on it slowly and he may not need rehab therapy. 

He has coped extremely well with all the nonsense. One outstanding thing has been his amazing mates who were running down every morning to fetch his wheelchair out of the car, joking with him and pushing him. I'm inviting them up for popcorn/muffins soon. 

It is very humbling when you have this return to caring. This only lasted two months, others have this for years, such as military vets who get injured out there. The key to getting through it is lots of graveyard humour. Also...

Image result for i love the smell of napalm in the morning

I love the smell of a banned TTer in the morning... ;)

Had a cheddar surprise ( relative visiting from the UK ) 5kg of assorted cheddars :rolleyes:

That is a good thing about Crete, LeCheese- because of all the ancient Brits here, you can get all kinds of Cheddar in all supermarkets here!

Good idea/ a cheese sandwich now to gather strength before the next doggie walk😂

Can finally walk again after a while with some pain!

Practice walk this afternoon!

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

IMG_1018.JPG

John, am I wrong as I am hopeless on dog breeds but is that a Corgi? Here is one of its fellow breeds in action. No Corgis were harmed in the making of this film:

Roza at the front probably has some Greek-style corgi in her. She is the grandmother and mother of half the dogs in the village..that´s why we grabbed her some years ago to get her off the streets! She was alone for six years walking up and down and begging at tavernas and known as the mascot of our village Kavousi!

Max at the back is my profile pic on here! He was tied to a chain every day of his first two years and left outside a house facing the street/traffic ! The owner has a garden! But ..no...not good enough to look after their  dog.  The owner´s son had a motorbike a few feet away from Max and revved it up all the time.

To this day, Max is petrified of motor bikes.

Basically, at the beginning, I asked if I could take for walks, to the vet etc..the lady smiled (she knew she didn´t have to pay ).

At some stage, I kidnapped him! The owner didn´t mind. Have bumped into her many times.." Max!!! Ti kanis?" (Max, how are you? ). Pathetic.

16 minutes ago, jeremytwo said:

John, am I wrong as I am hopeless on dog breeds but is that a Corgi? Here is one of its fellow breeds in action. No Corgis were harmed in the making of this film:

Friends of yours perchance, spend weekends skiing together?  Shooting oiks for sport. Tally Ho!

13 hours ago, fraufruit said:

I just got back from the Joe Bonamassa concert.

My life is complete.

I can die now.

Don't.

Do you know Youn Sun Nah? If you like Jazz, too...

Steuerberater predicts I'll get over 7k in tax back! *does happy dance*

My tax advisors are not the cheapest, but every time they have got me back much more than expected. Worth every penny.

Today is our eighth anniversary of moving to Germany.  We'll never forget the slightly torturous drive over...me, husband, kiddo and our 3 cats.

Despite lots of challenges during our 8 years here, life is great and we all (cats included) very much appreciate our blessings.

A big thank you to all kind TT members who have been so supportive over the years. 

1 hour ago, evildudette said:

My tax advisors are not the cheapest, but every time they have got me back much more than expected. Worth every penny.

You deserve a break. :)

On 21/08/2006, 16:23:06, planetmoni said:

reading this thread makes me a bit happier...as right now i cannot think of anything happy. :(

so please more happy news!

I'm sure you can think of something (you just did!)...

I'm happy today because I just did 2 really Germany things

- booked off a Friday after bank holiday Thursday to get a long weekend

- planned something dumb but harmless to do on fathers' day

I feel like a model citizen

22 hours ago, evildudette said:

You win Germany

Unbeknown to me ( until today ) , my sweetheart arranged tickets, flights and accommodation for the  Shakespears Sister Ride Again tour in London and Glasgow later this year.

2NB34AZQNFG7LHBZBTQNECETNI.jpg.2fff0a079

Bucket list x 2 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Awesome. 

I am happy today because money keeps falling out the sky like the rain. Three unexpected big contracts in as many days.

I'm happy because after days of rain I got my planting done. My long awaited Bee Garden is sown and over a third of the veg seeds are in!

I have a very organised system of marking plots with seed packets. My dog liked it too, so much so that she stole a packet and I was chasing her round the lawn to get it back! :)