Why are you happy today?

16,511 posts in this topic

Thank you, Clive! I can sleep better  knowing there are great people like those around on our Earth.

I had a much needed day off work today. 

I got none of the things done that I had planned on doing and watched netflix programs all day. 

I needed that. :)

I'm sick with man-flu, but I'm also on vacation and visiting my parents for the first time in years.

I could be at home feeling guilty about not getting my work done,  and needing to go to the doctors for a sick-note. I could be sad and stressed that a much needed family holiday had to be cancelled. Instead I'm curled up in bed with a cup of tea and my family are downstairs having a great time planning where to go today.

If I'm going to be sick then being sick here is much better. That makes me happy.

I am having a „ spoil myself „ morning in town!

manicure- done

pedicure- done

beard trim- done

Next up: find a shop with green chili paste- need it for my duck curry😍😜- I actually found a shop yesterday with a frozen duck- you can search for years here😧

Eureka! Happy today! Better than yesterday- 60 minutes of dental work😟😟😟

My annual account reconciliation turned up an unpaid invoice. It's like money from nowhere.

I am really delighted with my dentist here...permanent bridge ready to be put in place Thursday morning...was painless today with the testing!

So she got some cash, which she put in a drawer, and Bob´s your uncle!!

:D

Someone has posted on another thread this evening about supplementary dental insurance for Germany! Works differently in Greece! Pre-existing conditions are not excluded..it´s cash!!

1 hour ago, john g. said:

This priest in Ireland having the guts to speak out:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-48039266

I'd like to believe something will happen but it's Northern Ireland. The battle of the Boyne was 330 years ago and the different religous factions still hate each other and it's as if they are born to hate. The DUP are so backward and as for the UK government, a used Durex has more life in it. So, nice words but nothing will change.

Just been to register at the local Rathaus. Unlike Ebersberg & Erding which had queues, living in this small village meant staff who were happy and surprised to see someone and the whole thing completed in 5 minutes.

Also ... at a cost of €0.00 unlike Ebersberg & Erding.

Three days of unpacking and sorting also means I only have about 16 boxes left to unpack out of the original 120-ish.

May even get to hang some pictures on the walls tomorrow.

This brought a lump in the throat to watch...one for you john!

it rained in my eye...

4 hours ago, jeremytwo said:

This brought a lump in the throat to watch...one for you john!

it rained in my eye...

Beautiful, jeremy! And what a name.." Piper! ",,,

There is hope for the world with people like that!

Dental work finished!!!!! I can eat again!!!

And no troubling insurance companies! Cash Greek-style!!

Now I can concentrate on feeding the 5,000 with tax payments tonight to Hamburg!!

:lol:

PS: there was a moment today when I was opening and closing my mouth for the bridge treatment about 3 million times and I stared at my dentist with that look of " bloody stop it " and she noticed and said: " please help me!"

So I did. 

Just had a delicious Greek Easter tart instead of a T-bone steak...step by step!!!

Is that a light at the end of tunnel or just some bugger with a torch bringing more boxes to be unpacked?

Adl-16.jpg.d40b316f69865256687ac547ce22d

Yet more 'out in the sticks' authority stuff ....

Car registered with the local Landratsamt and me registered with a local doctor. All in less than 2 hours including travel time.

A young man stood up for me on a crowded bus this morning! Finally an advantage re the ageing process in life!😜

Rescued puppy Sandy has finally reached his new home a long way out of the clutches of the Cretans and has his own football (too big but anyway!!):D

65afd758-2cbc-43d7-b827-2528c46e169e.JPG