Why are you happy today?

16,378 posts in this topic

Not sure if happy is right but sort of mixed feelings...

Talked to a friend today who is selling his house to a Belgian couple. The Belgians saw a man throw his puppy out of their car at 4 in the afternoon the other week. They stopped their car, took hold of the dog and actually found in their circles of acquaintances within 3 days a lovely couple who adopted the puppy!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

So happy for the dog and the Belgians´ warm-heartedness and fuck the bastard who threw his puppy out of their car.

2 hours ago, cybil said:

Took the Einbürgerungs test end of November and already got the rusult per post today: PASS (33 out of 33!).

Did they ask how many cigarettes Helmut Schmidt smoked in his life? Tip: it's the equivalent of ca. 7 kilos of tar and he smoked 80 years.

Good point, Luke! I haven´t seen the Einbürgerungstest  but what is the dumbest question?

4 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Who was the last king of Bavaria?

A. Ludwig III

B. Horst Seehofer

I thought it was  C.  FJS

The number of cigarettes smoked by Helmut Schmidt is estimated at 40x365x80=1.168.000 . 

He spent some €300.000 on cigarettes according to today's prices. Wow!

:rolleyes:My partner Nicole today finally managed to trap the elusive cat known as Großmutter (because she is the mother or grandmother of just about every cat around here! ). Terrible wound on her neck for weeks and weeks. To the vet: it was cancer - cut out and also did the other bit: no more offspring!

It had to be done and was...the cat has buggered off again!!!

Thank you, kiplette! Nicole has sleepless nights about this stuff. I have learned a lot from  her over the years...what is important in life. 

I am happy because my landlord found a Nachmieter he is happy with and contracts have been signed!
I move in with my boyfriend at the end of January and we can save more for holidays!

(Also there's a little bit of snow at work today ^_^)

Out with the dogs an hour ago ...it poured down..and then the sun came out:

the village managed to look attractive!!!

PHOTO-2018-12-19-16-42-14.jpg

Re my recent happiness about Finanzamt no longer taking my quarterly advance payments.  Even better:  they have now paid quite a bit (four figures) of the earlier ones back.  Happy Christmas :lol:.      I certainly was not expecting that until the usual annual process is settled, although I mentioned how much I will report.  So wanted to highlight another reason for it to be worth making the effort to say you no longer wish to pay when you do not have to.

Happy Christmas indeed, swimmer!!! Nice one!  I hope one day I will get such good news!!!!:rolleyes: (probably after I am deceased!! )...

What normally happens with the human condition is: " oh, you pay a lot of tax. You earn too much."

I'm almost back in my hometown. I just have to pass these desolate and gloomy stations in Duisburg and Oberhausen which didn't see any renovations since WW II:

image.jpeg