Why are you happy today?

18,265 posts in this topic

Ha ha Ena Sharples that brings back memories. I remember the scenes when she used to sit in the snug with Minnie Caldwell.

In real life she looked really well dressed. Same with Hilda Odgen, you wouldn't recognise her without her curlers and headscarf. 

I am happy today because the annual summer festival at the local animal rescue centre was a great success. Lots of sunshine and lots of people buying things für their pets. To top it all, three cats found new homes today.

On 6/29/2018, 8:18:35, Gwaptiva said:

Hello, my name is Gwaptiva, and it has been 1 year, 2 hours and 30 minutes since I smoked my last cigarette

That is wonderful, congrats!!!!! Doing great, keep at it.

Just had a call from The Halifax building society... Looks like they are looking into my PPI case...

If any of you had a mortgage and were advised by the Halifax financial advisors to that an endownment pollicy from Standard life instaed of the repayment mortgage... you could be eligable for some compensation....

Offer ends soon!

SP

On 19.6.2018, 17:23:09, HEM said:

I'm part of a 2-man team organising a Projektwoche Segelflug for a nearby school (Gymnasium) to take place last week.

Not an easy task (the organisation).

Actually I meant next week (back then).

Fast forward: the project week "Segelfliegen" took place last week.  We were able to fly every day (Would not have been possible the previous week). The Monday was rather cold with "drizzel stopped play" mid-afternoon.  The Tuesday started with low cloud.  The final three days were sunshine, heat wave & local thermals.

The 11 kids had a total of 111 flights - some had longer flights using thermals.  On the Wednesday the parents & elder brother of one boy came by so I got to fly them all.

Friday several parents came by (curiously it was the mothers who wanted a flight).

Results: so far two (one boy, one girl) have joined the club & were flying last weekend (with instructors of course).

In addition to an e-mail of thanks from the organising teacher we got another mail of thanks from one of the mothers...

Downside: I was so tired after the whole week that I stayed away from the airfield on Saturday & missed a cracking good day (one club colleague flew a 550 km trianglar task around Hamburg airspace).

..happy...what a way to age and celebrate at the same time!!!  I have now reached the phase: timeless! ( I hope! )

IMG_9504 (3).JPG

28 minutes ago, john g. said:

..happy...what a way to age and celebrate at the same time!!!  I have now reached the phase: timeless! ( I hope! )

happy b-day jg, methinks when I reach that age, body willing and mind following...  I'd like to try something crazy like country line dancing

Happy belated Birthday john!

I am happy that you haven't retired yet! :D

On 22.6.2018, 21:22:54, john g. said:

PS: checking out the best places to have a birthday dinner soon, HEM! Yours also coming up! Both of us will be 21 again soon!!!

9 hours ago, john g. said:

My mum gave birth to a brat 66 years ago!!

I got there first!

7 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Strange fact: your reputation score almost matches the number of days you're old :).

This would explain the plethora of toddlers on Toytown ;)