Why are you happy today?

15,660 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, john g. said:

Should now be updated to the unhappy thread馃槦 Mokka has been missing for three days. We unfortunately suspect she is dead. Hope not馃槩

I hope not John.聽 Maybe she's just gone on a walkabout.聽 A friends cat does that.聽 Her name is Snowy, partially white and we used to joke that Snowy comes home in winter.聽 Then again, sometimes outdoors are unlucky with cars etc.聽 Not much you can do about it :(

Unfortunately, Mokka is still missing. AND Nicole found Lucky's dead body in a drain this morning.聽

He had gone out yesterday to do his toilet things and never came back.聽

馃槬馃槱

34 minutes ago, john g. said:

Breaking news: Mokka has come back home, hungry but ok!!!馃憤馃徏馃檹馃徎

So happy to hear that. 馃樃

A very brave act, but I can't fathom out why the man on the adjoining balcony didn't grab the baby. He was just a couple of feet away.

7 minutes ago, hooperski said:

A very brave act, but I can't fathom out why the man on the adjoining balcony didn't grab the baby. He was just a couple of feet away.

I read somewhere else that the man had a hold of the kids clothes but couldn't lift him because of the balcony divider and did not want to let go in case the kid fell

Happy because there is a slight breeze. All the windows are open and the house feels refreshed. Lovely.

Small things....

My first grandchild, Amelia, did her first wee on the potty today.聽 :)

33 minutes ago, hooperski said:

My first grandchild, Amelia, did her first wee on the potty today.聽 :)

...but she's 31! 聽:lol:

I'm happy this evening because tomorrow's a holiday which means a day less for that insufferable course this week so I now have 5 full days free of it.

These days, I do some work in Africa and I just got confirmation of the next visits.聽 I had never even been to sub-Saharan Africa before this assignment.聽 My bad.聽 It is absolutely fantastic.聽 Looking forward...

Have a great trip, evil.

I'm happy because Rewe聽 has big buckets of blueberries on sale for 鈧 2.99. I just took the blueberry cobbler out of the oven!

Received my fairly common聽communique from Finanzamt informing me聽that they have accepted my tax return despite me not doing it properly, or at least how they want, in order that I do their work for them.聽 聽I had been wondering about the delay on normal early May, given I sent it in Jan..

I mention this really because I said聽on another thread that my experience is that this is how it goes with incorrect process - they accept in the clear stated expectation that - yes - you definitely will do it this way next time, won't you?聽 聽The main thing for me is聽to give them all the stuff, accurate and transparent, and ideally on time.

(Specifically, first use of聽"authenticated certificate" but聽kept part on paper (E脺R), which they also want electronic certified, which my auditor brain registered as there's聽no signature box - and so聽signed each page.聽聽It came in聽time to spend the 2 mins sending it by ELSTER as well聽by 31.05, but I did not have to).

3 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Have a great trip, evil.

I'm happy because Rewe聽 has big buckets of blueberries on sale for 鈧 2.99. I just took the blueberry cobbler out of the oven!

Woah!

*runs to Rewe*. ;)

4 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Have a great trip, evil.

in a twist of happenstance, I just discovered the same thing!聽聽

but I didn't make a blueberry cobbler.

yet

My mother's cobbler recipe. EZ PZ. Can use apples, peaches, etc.聽

1 cup flour

1 cup sugar

1 tsp. salt

1 egg

Mix until blended and crumbly. Butter an oven dish, add fruit, cover with crumble and add little pats of butter on top. Bake at 350 F. for about 30 min. until top is browned. Serve warm with ice cream on top.