Why are you happy today?

16,286 posts in this topic

Just now, john g. said:

Societies are a lot healthier with people like you around, dear rob!

Not really.

Call me old-fashioned, but I think that we all need to help each other.

It's a frame of mind that I was brought-up with and one that I still stick to, even though not everybody holds my opinion!

Yep, old-fashioned and me too ( humbly and hopefully ), rob.

I agree with my short sentence and disagree with your  " not really " utterance!!! :PSo there!!!! Carry on being the lovely way you are!

Just now, john g. said:

Carry on being the lovely way you are!

- you too, luv!

We lost a cat to a hit and run driver a couple of weeks ago. Second cat, Lucky, got hit yesterday. Vet today...x-rays etc. Broken bone in a leg BUT a good chance to be almost normal in his activity...80 per cent normal (whatever that means ).

:PDavid Bowie sings about Lucky and the great vet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsYp9q3QNaQ

I'm happy because my vet told me I managed to look after my furry friend and keep her comfortable after a heart breaking week with her after her operation. The worst is over. 

I have a pretty wife, two nice kids, a doggie and a caravan with which I travel like a hippy through Europe. And I don't have to work! This is my fave song by Robbie at the moment:

I'm cautiously happy today.

Looks like I can continue doing my beloved sport if I take care.

Finally submitted my tax returns for 2015 and 2016 today.  They were pretty complicated going back and forth with the Steuerberater, but I'm so happy it's finally done. Being employed in DE, employed overseas, self-employed here, freelancing overseas it all got very messy.

Even better, they got my tax liability to a significantly lower sum than I had planned and budgeted for. Hooray!

Because it just over a week, we are off on the ocean wave :) Everything is more or less ready, the boat is stocked ( fresh stuff to arrive early evening before we cast off ) & we are all looking forward to leaving the daily grind behind for some months.

This promises to be  awesome :D

I am happy today because I will be driving down to Italy for a well-earned holiday!

Setting off in about half an hour, the car is packed with everything but the kitchen sink, including ten litres of sun cream!

Looking forward to some peace and quiet and time to reflect upon the last few months and make a plan for the future.

Have a lovely hol, rob!

I am happy because I've dragged my good eye to a village taverna , which has a pretty large TV screen so I might be able to watch Liverpool v Real Madrid with at least 70 per cent clarity.

My useless prediction: Liverpool 3 Real Madrid 2😂

On 22. Mai 2018 um 21:38:38, john g. said:

Mokka looking after her sick brother, Lucky! Consoling...

2018-05-22-PHOTO-00001066.jpg

Should now be updated to the unhappy thread😟 Mokka has been missing for three days. We unfortunately suspect she is dead. Hope not😢

46 minutes ago, john g. said:

Should now be updated to the unhappy thread😟 Mokka has been missing for three days. We unfortunately suspect she is dead. Hope not😢

I hope not John.  Maybe she's just gone on a walkabout.  A friends cat does that.  Her name is Snowy, partially white and we used to joke that Snowy comes home in winter.  Then again, sometimes outdoors are unlucky with cars etc.  Not much you can do about it :(

Unfortunately, Mokka is still missing. AND Nicole found Lucky's dead body in a drain this morning. 

He had gone out yesterday to do his toilet things and never came back. 

😥😩

34 minutes ago, john g. said:

Breaking news: Mokka has come back home, hungry but ok!!!👍🏼🙏🏻

So happy to hear that. 😸