Why are you happy today?

15,806 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

You won't be there?

I think in this case it is Die Käse, which having checked the profile, is not recorded, so I must have read it/made that call from previous posts. Not that I have great intuition. I was totally gobsmacked to discover that  onionfish is a boy after, I dunno, years of reading his posts...

edit - cross posted.

42 minutes ago, LeCheese said:

...seeing as the sea there will be likely around 1 or two degrees C or so when we plan on getting there, I will be in like a shot :rolleyes:

And out again even faster!  

What an adventure, Kaeschen!

34 minutes ago, kiplette said:

I think in this case it is Die Käse, which having checked the profile, is not recorded, so I must have read it/made that call from previous posts. Not that I have great intuition. I was totally gobsmacked to discover that  onionfish is a boy after, I dunno, years of reading his posts...

edit - cross posted.

Has a look .. nope still no weeny down there :D

26 minutes ago, katheliz said:

And out again even faster!  

Bet your butt on that  (though I meant the sauna ;) )

26 minutes ago, katheliz said:

What an adventure, Kaeschen!

I sincerely hope so

Your not telling worked. All this time I just thought you were a dude and now I don't know why. 

I promise not to accuse you of having a weeny ever again!

Mysteries are fun even when we don't know.

33 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Your not telling worked. All this time I just thought you were a dude and now I don't know why. 

you probably did not read this post then 

35 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I promise not to accuse you of having a weeny ever again!

No problemo, not offended in the slightest ;)

20 minutes ago, jaycool said:

I may need to look, just to make sure. One can't be too careful...

I am happy for Jaycool that he thinks he has a snowballs chance in hell of looking for a weeny on my bod, nice try, no coconut dear panty collector :P

Today is a strange day. 
It's my last day working for my current employer and I've never worked anywhere as long as I worked here.
This was the company I worked for when my kids were born.
This is the company I worked for when I moved to Germany.

Moving on after 18 years feels like a pretty big change.

I guess the ‘divorce’ started 2 years ago when they outsourced the German services branch to be a new company. 
The ‘Decree Nisi’ came at the start of the year when they said my services were no longer required after May.
Today could be considered the ‘Decree Absolute’, I won't do any more work for that company.

I was delivering cloud designs spanning continents to multi-billion dollar, ‘household name’ companies, working with teams all over the world to support their systems.

Now I'm starting from scratch with a small firm that is literally 1000 times smaller than the old, we are building a cloud consulting service for the German 'mittelstand'.

For the first time in my career the company language isn't English, the customers are mostly German and the underlying hardware is entirely out of our control.

It's a new day and I don't know how to feel about that.

See also 'Why are you unhappy today'.

I am very happy because after 7 weeks I finally got my result for my German test (they said 4 - 6 weeks!) and I passed!

Now I can start the Einbürgerung process!

Although, I am not so happy I have to go to VHS myself to pick up the certificate myself and that I can only do this for a 2.5 hour period 4 days per week (3 next week) and this is during working hours.  I would have expected that for 200 Euros they could have posted the thing to me (or if they charged me 5 euros extra to do this would have been OK).

And until I pick it up I don't actually know what score I got!

On 25/04/2018, 21:10:29, LeCheese said:

Forward looking sonar transducers fitted on the boat hull today

This is going to be such fun :rolleyes:

"Mast- und Schotbruch" as they say.

Sounds terrific !

My north pacific passage (Japan to USA) was cancelled last week. Still, I hope to get a warmer replacement trip soon. (Should be in the unhappy thread really)

A balmy evening here and family visiting soon...it´s warming up and evenings are growing longer...only a shame I can´t jump into the water and swim to the island in the background...the day will come when I can use my wonky eye properly...till then: the gate is open for life anyway.

2018-04-28-PHOTO-00017308.jpg

That looks lovely John!

I'm happy because my caravan is being repaired for the new season, I cut the inlaws grass at their Alps weekend place while these were flying over:

I also got to use a scythe first time in ages. I love scythes!

What a gorgeous place, jeremy! Bloody hell!

I´m glad you love scythes....the only way to cut a mango in slices!!:P

24 minutes ago, john g. said:

I´m glad you love scythes...the only way to cut a mango in slices!!:P

The whole valley is a badly kept secret John. We spend a lot of time there. The side of the valley opposite I know very well. The village is really nice, traditional and laid back.

42 minutes ago, john g. said:

I´m glad you love scythes...the only way to cut a mango in slices!!:P

...and scythes are for me this years thing. It is very "Tai Chi" in the waist rotation. I have a project this year to sand down and "peen" (sharpen)  one I found down the local recycling centre. I cut my lawn using a petrol mower and a petrol strimmer, but I have fallen in love with the ancient art of scything. It is a world of slow, of meadows and birdsong, tradition and a world we modern people need to reconnect with.

I'm still happy today because I have a new little granddaugter! (Born yesterday.)

@arunadasi:  congratulations to all! Here's hoping that all are well and healthy! Very auspicious, being born on a full moon! Kudos to mom & pop!