Drinks night in Berlin - Dachkammer Bar

41 posts in this topic

Hello everyone my girlfriend and I just moved to Berlin and we are looking to make some friends. The problem is that I speak only a little German and she speaks none. If anyone could tell us where to go to meet some English speakers (Cafe, bars, ...) that would be great. Or if someone wants to meet and have a drink or a bite to eat that would be nice as well. I also would like to practise my German so if anyone wants to get together a couple times a week to work on German Im very interested. I have to say that Im at a basic level. Ok we look forward to reading your replies and hopefully we will meet a couple of you soon.

Jeff and Mary

First of all: Welcome to Berlin !!

You should find a lot of native speakers in the Irish pubs or while hanging around in the districts of Prenzlauer Berg (Kastanienalle, Simon-Dach-Straße) or Mitte (Oranienburger Straße, Hackescher Markt).

If you need a hand in getting things settled or if you´re facing any language problems, just let me know, maybe I can assist. :blink:

And if you´d like to meet up for a coffee or beer - just let me know.

Have a good start in town!

Nicole

Thanks for the friendly welcome. I live on simon dach and I shall try the Irish pub suggestion. The personal messenger isn't active for me yet, but post here if you would still like to meet up. I will be going to Dresden for the weekend but I will check to see if you have suggested anything as soon as I get back.

Bis denn

Jeff

I used to Live on Simon-Dach. Friedrichshain is a nice place. Plenty of foreigners around. Just go into Dachkammer bar any weekend evening.

When in Dresden go to Jim Beams bar (Alaun Str corner Jordan Str) in evenings, many Scots/Irish there.

Hey Jeff and Mary !

I have just moved to berlin myself, and am in pretty much the same situation ! Give us an email if u fancy meetin for a drink.

Marriette

As a suggestion, you could post here when and where you're meeting up (or with a few suggestions for the date). That way, other people in Berlin might come along too last minute!

Hope you have fun in Berlin!

Right, not wanting to come across as an alcoholic or anything but just moved here and wanted to get a team together to sample some of berlins bars/clubs !

Maybe somewhere this weekend if anyone is up for it ? Totally sucks gettin to fri/sat night and having one beer on your own before headin home for an early night !

So let me kno,

Marriette ! :)

OK, it seems that meeting up and getting some drinks seems to be a common intrest. SO I say we all can meet friday night maybe around simon dach strasse in Friedrichshain. If this sounds good to you just post something letting me know that you are in. Once we have a few people we can set a time and place.

Jeff

would suggest the other way round mate. set the time and place now and get people to commit. otherwise it gets all @democracy.com and messy.

I dont want to drink alone but I will if forced to!

I admire your dedication sir.

there used to be an american busker who used to come into Dachkammer at the wekeends. Do not know if he does anymore as been a while sicne I was there.

When peeps do meetups in Munich, somebody normally carries along a marker for the table (in our case it's often a blue inflatable guitar) that is easily recognisable. Maybe try a similar tactic?

post-3697-1156952140.jpg

<_< humm... Ok so I don't have any blue guitars but I will be holding a beer :D ...but that doesn't help does it? Ok so any ideas people?

jeff

You could post a photo of yourself if you are definitely going to be there. Or just give a description and on the day post what colour shirt you will be wearing or the like.

Or...make a reservation and then people can just ask at the bar for the "Toytown" group or whatever.

Or...swap phone numbers and then you can make contact on the night.

Hi all,

I'm new to Toytown too :) I moved to Berlin a few months back,and I live in Kreuzberg. To be honest, my German is pretty bad and I'd like to make some English speaking friends...

so, would you mind if I joined you this friday? how are you planning to recognise each other? phone is nice idea, but it's better to have some more conventional way :)

I look forward to meeting you Rhetoric...but as far as how we will meet...I just don't know yet. I might post a pic of me but I thought it might also be fun to try and find each other. I don't know just somthing I'm playing with :D .

jeff