Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Creep out from your hole: Munich Meet up!

19 posts in this topic

Hi spuds, I wuz jes thinking: I'm bored. Been here 7 yrs now and am desperate to break out of my 7 year rut. Or is that an itch?

Like, can we all have a weeny get-together sometime? I'm sure there's loads of new Toytowners (me) just bursting to meet some new faces (yours).

Was in London last week and marvelled at the surround-sound english, the politeness of it all (yes even London!), the humour, chips, cr*p beer (well after two pints it tastes like cr*p) Ahhhhhh!

From all the posts it sounds like Kilians during the week would be a good place to chinwag. What about next week wednesday 7th then? Any better suggestions? Biergarten (already sounds better) ?

If it works out then maybe we could have a BBQ somewhere... or whatever.

We're long overdue for a Toytown party, come to think of it. I keep crashing the "Toytown ladies night out" parties, but that doesn't really count.

Sounds like a plan. Now all we need are some mad fools to carry it off. Fortunately I think I know just the people...

(translation: sounds like a good idea, I'll be there if I can)

Ah ha! No one seems to have complained about the date chosen, so let it be so! Wednesday it is...

The rules:

Arrive Drink Chat

repeat ad nauseam (but not the "Arrive" bit) and if you can get sick on orange juice then good for you!

Someone help me out on the location, as I ain't go the foggiest about where we should meet. I ain't been out much recently :( I heard that Kilians has a band on every night - if its always so loud you can't hear yourself fart, then conversation is also a non starter. What do the experts think?

Most of the Irish and Australian bars are incredibly loud. If you want to be able to communicate without shouting, you're probably better off going to a German bar. Of course that does also mean you'll be forced to drink better beer for around two thirds of the price...

Ah ha! No one seems to have complained about the date chosen, so let it be so! Wednesday it is...
Hmm. Aquatic seems to have forgotten that Wednesday night is curry night. ..

you're probably better off going to a German bar

How about Gewürzmühle in Lehel? Not only is it a nice bar, not too loud, with reasonably priced beer, but it also has the added advantage of being within crawling distance of the best indian restaurant in Munich.

A few beers followed by a curry. What more could one ask for?

How about Gewürzmühle in Lehel

Lehel? Hmm have to look that one up on the map. No idea where that is. Could do with a decent Tikka Masala, though.

What do y'all feel about the location mentioned? Sounds fine by me (silly aren't I?)

8pm in the Gewürzmühle in Lehel (if that proves to be in Munich).

Bit off topic, was in a hut in the alps yesterday and one of the (German!) guys dragged out an excellent CD from 1996 - Senser: Stacked up.

Anyone remember that??? Brought back happy memories...

Lehel? Hmm have to look that one up on the map. No idea where that is.

On the U4/U5. One stop east from Odeonsplatz.

Here's a map for the Sitar restaurant (Robert-Koch-Str 4):

http://map24.de/map24/index.php3?map24_sid...RELOAD&x=20&y=3

You can also see Gewürzmühlstr on the same map. The bar is about halfway down, at number 3.

The U-Bahn shown on the map is not the nearest exit. Make sure you come out next to Roosevelt's bar, then you're in the right place.

Sorry will have to miss it.

I have to been in work 4am the following morning...

Will I ever make one of these drinking sessions? do I actually exist??

Bah

poots

I went to a german class last year. Didn't understand any of it - we analysed poems most of the time! Maybe we went to the same class? Didn't really help my business german much...

Not sure whether the meal thing will happen, but I'm game if anyone actually rolls up for a drink, otherwise it'll be a liquid dinner.

I'll still definitely be at the pub at 8pm. Would still be glad of any company that can make it.

Sorry. I failed. I looked at the TT site yesterday morning to get the details and it said the site was down until today. I hope you all had a good time in spite, or even because, of this.

Ta to all those luvly people that rolled up - will have to do it again in the very near future, can't be missing out on all that biergarten bliss!

Here's a question for the geezer that said he was an astropsychic - what does it mean when they say "cancer rising" and "pisces going down on sagittarious" - eh? Buggered if I know...

Right then. I'll keep pressing refresh until someone suggests the next night on the town.

<refresh>

<refresh>

PS it does seem a bit quicker pootle!

Just tried to reply to your smarmy answer and got:

ERROR

The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: NONE://proxy-1.dsh.de:80http://toymu.com/tt/posting.php

The following error was encountered:

Zero Sized Reply

Squid did not receive any data for this request.

Your cache administrator is admin@t-systems.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated Fri, 09 May 2003 11:54:48 GMT by proxy.m1.dsh.de (Squid/2.4.STABLE7)

WHAT ON EARTH?

It wasn't a smarmy answer* - he really is an astronomer. He looks at planets, not star signs.

* I did consider making a smarmy answer, but was too lazy to think up anything witty on such short notice.

It was a problem with your proxy, NoGo. Nothing to do with Toymoo. And by the way, Astroboy isn't an astronomer, he's an astronaut. Friends call him Buck on account of his 80's throwback hairdo.

Now you've got me rattled.

Think I'm doowahdiddlydumdum huh? Caws I new ees a bleedin astrowotnot not an astrowotnothohum.

Anyway, I've got to work this weekend and I ain't chuffed about it.