Water meter companies in Frankfurt

14 posts in this topic

Hi,

for the past few weeks there's been a notice on our apartment here in Sachsenhausen about getting the water reading. However, I ignored it and now the notice is gone. :(

I've no excuse. It was in several languages and had plenty of time to deal with it. I shouldn't be suprised they were so punktlich in taking it down.

Does anyone know the websites of the various water companies in Frankfurt. I think I can submit the reading online, if only I know the company name.

I have never had to do a water reading - are you sure it was not electricity?

I might be wrong but thought water was always done through the Nebenkosten

NK only covers a certain amount. If you go over then you get an xtra bill.

Could be they were checking the heating (hotwater) usage, before winter returns.

They usually have to replace the little vile of colored water as well.

It is a water reading for sure. They balance out the costs at the end of year and see if we need to readjust the amount we pay for the following year.

And I've figured it out. The company is Techem.

Apparently we should have noted down 4 figures for the hot and cold water meters in the kitchen and in the bathroom and then posted them outside our apartment door this morning or send it to via fax or internet to the company.

And they'll take you to hell too! What a company!

Historische Führung durch den Frankfurter Stadtwald:

Spaziergang zur "Hölle"

Sarah could it be that the meters are in your cellar or hallway and hence they didn't need to get into the flat?

That is really annoying I know hate wasting time like that

Not that i need to worry coz my bills are all included in the rent but it still annoyed me that i stayed in all day for them, dont know where our meters are just know we got hugh water meters in our bathroom have no idea were the rest are leave that to the fella...lol

Electricity though aren't they?

Mainova do Electricity, Water, Wärme (I think that means central heating) and Natural Gas:

http://www.mainova.de/privatkunden/11.jsp

You should find out where your meters are. In my case the Mainova electric meter is in the cellar - so no need for me to stay home. But the water meters are in my bathroom with a 'Techem' logo.

The first few times I was not at home to let Techem in and then had to pay a callout charge.

Now I just give my keys to the Hausmeister who lets the Techem guy in. They check the radiators as well.