Felicity Nannies - English-speaking nannying

23 posts in this topic

Felicity Nannies is an agency that provides professional and international families with qualified nannies, governesses, and maternity nurses from English-speaking countries to look after their children in the domestic sphere. Furthermore, we also place professional staff with bilingual kindergartens.

Felicity Nannies provide their services internationally.

Please note: We do NOT provide babysitters.

post-27-1088594540.jpg

There is high demand in Germany for English-speaking nannies. This is because many German families want to expose their children to the English language as much as possible. One of the best nanny agencies in Germany is Felicity Nannies. Contact Mirja and ask her to put you on her list of available nannies. Of course it helps a lot if you have some qualifications or experience.

If you are a family seeking English-speaking professional childcare or if you would like to work as a qualified childminder with families or in a nursery setting, please do not hesitate to contact us, in confidence, via the form below:

Felicity Nannies

Mirja Lindberg

Haffstr. 144

81825 Munich

Germany

Via TT: Online contact form

Web: Felicity Nannies

Email: info@felicity-nannies.de

Tel. +49 (0)89 999 49 644

This is a paid placement posting.

Well, I did have an interview with the owner who was not very professional and impolite. Did not shake hands until I prompted her, drank coffee by herself. Made me feel uncomfortable by her nutty looks & made me feel uneasy when I requested if the agency had a more central location to meet. The Hotel is only accessible by a bus which runs every 20 minutes because the area is isolated. Do they know this? They make it sounds as if they have a lot of applicants but this does not seem to be the case and they give you an appointment where you have to take a bus and wait 20 minutes before it or be late. I find this insensitive. Also she told me that no Family wants a nanny to speak German. :o

I did use their service, and yes, the interview location was in the middle of nowhere, but the owner was nice enough (and bought me a coffee) and seemed willing to help me. They sent out an excel sheet with all job postings frequently and I got 2 interviews and one job offer out of it, but decided to go another direction (which they were also friendly about).

Nice to hear that once in a while the owner does not drink coffee alone! :unsure: while purposefully disparagement applicants!

I am currently on Felicity Nannies books and think they're great. They always get back to my emails promptly and are very helpful. I am just waiting for the perfect job to pop up now!

@Friendship: I wouldn't normally neg someone for posting a personal critical opinion of a service (especially one I have had no contact with myself), but your "review" makes it obvious to me why you may not have been received as you expected:

You went for an interview but were annoyed because the interviewer wanted you to take a half hour journey (from HBf, U-Bahn and bus combined...the bus may only run every 20 mins, but you can time it to get a good connection) to the company's premises (which, if you were placed, you wouldn't even have to do on a regular basis). You are rude about her looks (checking her website, she looks perfectly normal...and even if she didn't, where do you get off judging someone by their looks?). That the families want the nanny to speak no German is already clearly mentioned on her website. You mention in another posting that you are bilingual English/Spanish. While your English is ok, it doesn't read "bilingual" to me. Did you perhaps put that and other things in your CV that were obviously not quite true? It does seem a little odd that she wouldn't offer you a coffee, but perhaps by the time you got there, you had already pissed her off so much that she knew she wouldn't offer you a job.

I had an interview with the owner over a year ago before I got a job offer somewhere else. She was really nice, bought me a latte and did not give me any strange looks. A lot of buses in Munich only run every 20 mins. The agency then sent me an email every week with job offers and when I got a better offer from a direct application somewhere else, they were very polite about it, wished me luck and told me to let them know if I was ever available for work again.

Sounds as if ruapehu is part of the staff or being paid by Felicity since you mentioned details not available in this site.

1/2 hr journey depends where are you departing from ...!

Good luck with your assumptions.:)

Maybe sounds like that to you, Friendship, but as the many people on here who know me personally could testify, I have no children and nothing to do with any nanny agency. All details I mentioned can be found by reading the website. As mentioned in my initial post, the 1/2 hour ride is based on MVV instructions from the main station - if you live a long way out, you can't blame the agency for that. Measured from the centre of the city, they are not "isolated".

Although, I do have one thing in common with the nanny agency: if you suggested that I come to meet YOU for your job interview, I wouldn't gve you a job either.

I live 5 minutes from MarienPlatz Honey!!!

I hope you are getting paid at the very least!

I'm well paid, thanks (mind you, I do put in long hours...but that's the lot of a freelance project manager).

I see also you've confirmed that if you planned properly, from Marienplatz to Felicity Nannies would actually take you less than 30 mins...in an earlier post, you seemed to be claiming that it would take you longer. So thanks for that. :-)

I live 5 minutes from MarienPlatz Honey!!!

I hope you are getting paid at the very least!

Give up, honey-pie. Or continue to live in la-la land.

Hi

We are french family living in Munich ( grunwald )

And we Check for find a Nice nanny for my 2 kids

Lou Ann a girl 3 years old and Lee Roy boys 2 years

My kids go too the english school Soo he can understand ans speak a litle english but is not enought

Soo u need a full Time nanny but for afternoon my kids go too the school every morning

If you need more information pleace contact me

Celine_cagniaux@hotmail.com

I just recently was placed with a family through Felicity Nannies and I highly recommend their services. Every step of the way they were very thorough and helpful. Yes they sent quite a few emails asking for quick responses, but they are just trying to make sure the transition is easy and successful. I had a lot of problems with my health insurance and Mirja and team went out of their way for over two weeks trying to get the matter settled when I couldnt handle it on my own. This was not part of their job at all, and I don't know where I would be without their help.

All in all, they work very professionally, with thorough communication and assistance. I'm very glad I chose this agency to find child care jobs in Germany.

After reading this I realize it sounds like a conventional advert, but in all honesty they are great people. :)

Dear Familys,

My name is Manuela Hamori. I am a 26 years old Hungarian girl. I lived 4 years in England. I did really enjoy but Ii made my decision time to move to Germany.

I speak fluently English and Italian. I did study Germany at school,but unfurnately i forget a lot.

My plan is to improve my language skill.

I like to read, travelling and sport. On my free time i am going to local gym.

I like to cook and likely i am cooking really good at any type of food J

I don’t mind to do light house work ( cleaning, food shopping etc )

I love kids and pets. I have two younger brother and sister. I have a little dog her name is Mimi. She lives with my mum back at home.

I don’t smoke and drink.

I have full clean English driving licence. I am driving my own car at every day.

I used to work at transport office In UK . On my days off I used to help for a English family around kids and housekeeping. I am going to miss them, they became my second family .

My friend think about me,I am a positive, kind, friendly, bubble and trust wave  person who like to help for friends and family.

If you have any further questions don’t hesitate ask me .

My email adress hamori.manuela@gmail.com

I could not possibly recommend Felicity nannies or any nanny agency in Germany. 

For a start, I also must warn anyone using an agency, in Hamburg called Straub system. 

A woman I know, that i met, a lovely irish nanny was left stranded in Germany after being brought over on a one way ticket, the family changed their mind when she arrived, she had not even started! They refused to pay her anyhting and the agency failed to give any assitance. Short of nothing but disgusting, it seems it was done on purpose... for "fun" at her expense... 

Felicity nannies in an email from me, actually said, surely Germany is not the only place that this has happened. I can say, that the likes of this has never happened with any of the other reputble agencies in Switzerland and London. SO, no Felicity nannies this DOES NOT HAPPEN ELSEWHERE. Yes, bad stories about aupairs etc, that this has happened to... but that is a different filed of work... in the nanny industry, this does not happen and that any family would then deny there was a contract or any responsibilty and do this two days before xmas is simply unforgivable. Therfore any agency that has this kind of attitude and thinks that this is not uncommon, I would not recommend. 

I would not recommend to be honest, that any British or Irish or Scottish nannies work in Germany. There is no protection and no labour law protection, as the courts favour their own and are fundamentally prejudiced against women and certainly against English foreigners. Therefore please think twice and make sure that you have a damn good lawyer in place in case you do decide to work in Germany. The whole nanny thing is relatively knew and it is not established here. There are agencies now leaping onto the bandwagon, but the fact is that families who have not used agencies before or who are not familiar with this, you may want to avoid completely. 

I also could not recommend wonderland nannies. They stole a client from a friend who had passed on a very important client, only to use one of their own and not her. 

I think Agenices in Germany need to understand that reputatio is everything in this profession and that this kind of conduct will not do. 

If you do work as a nanny in Germany, I strongly suggest you only work for English families who perhaps have already experience with this. Please get insurance to cover you in case you have to go to court as the courts here will not help you otherwise if you have to do something about a problem in the workplace. 

2 hours ago, EagleLady said:

I could not possibly recommend Felicity nannies or any nanny agency in Germany. 

For a start, I also must warn anyone using an agency, in Hamburg called Straub system. 

A woman I know, that i met, a lovely irish nanny was left stranded in Germany after being brought over on a one way ticket, the family changed their mind when she arrived, she had not even started! They refused to pay her anyhting and the agency failed to give any assitance. Short of nothing but disgusting, it seems it was done on purpose... for "fun" at her expense... 

Felicity nannies in an email from me, actually said, surely Germany is not the only place that this has happened. I can say, that the likes of this has never happened with any of the other reputble agencies in Switzerland and London. SO, no Felicity nannies this DOES NOT HAPPEN ELSEWHERE. Yes, bad stories about aupairs etc, that this has happened to... but that is a different filed of work... in the nanny industry, this does not happen and that any family would then deny there was a contract or any responsibilty and do this two days before xmas is simply unforgivable. Therfore any agency that has this kind of attitude and thinks that this is not uncommon, I would not recommend. 

I would not recommend to be honest, that any British or Irish or Scottish nannies work in Germany. There is no protection and no labour law protection, as the courts favour their own and are fundamentally prejudiced against women and certainly against English foreigners. Therefore please think twice and make sure that you have a damn good lawyer in place in case you do decide to work in Germany. The whole nanny thing is relatively knew and it is not established here. There are agencies now leaping onto the bandwagon, but the fact is that families who have not used agencies before or who are not familiar with this, you may want to avoid completely. 

I also could not recommend wonderland nannies. They stole a client from a friend who had passed on a very important client, only to use one of their own and not her. 

I think Agenices in Germany need to understand that reputatio is everything in this profession and that this kind of conduct will not do. 

If you do work as a nanny in Germany, I strongly suggest you only work for English families who perhaps have already experience with this. Please get insurance to cover you in case you have to go to court as the courts here will not help you otherwise if you have to do something about a problem in the workplace. 

Why are you necro-posting your bullshit on every nanny thread now??