Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Eastenders and Eichel

11 posts in this topic

Doesn't seem like Eastenders did their research before creating a company called Eichel (where Bradley works). Bet the Germans find it funny :)

Yeah, fancy naming a company after the former Finanzminister. Hilarious. Or were they thinking of Acorn antiques? You've been watching too many Carry On films. :wacko:

I used to warch this when I was a boy in London. Because I was feeling a little homesick, I started to watch it again last week and was more than a little surprised

that most of the characters are now either Indian or black.

I am not a racist, but does this really reflect the makeup of society today in London?

On 11.9.2020, 13:37:44, yesterday said:

if she wanted to improve 'er English, like, she should have been watchin' proper English shows like what coronation street is  ;)

FTFY

On 9/10/2020, 9:51:52, Acton said:

I used to warch this when I was a boy in London. Because I was feeling a little homesick, I started to watch it again last week and was more than a little surprised

that most of the characters are now either Indian or black.

I am not a racist, but does this really reflect the makeup of society today in London?

This BBC article is from 2013 and gives a good overview of trends in UK internal migration:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-21511904