Pub quiz at Finnegan's Wake Irish pub

312 posts in this topic

Just got back. Had a good night. Came 2nd in the quiz. Will be there for the quiz next Sunday at the earlier time of 18:00 or 6pm.

I'd like to drop by this coming Sunday the 27th as well. See you there! - ian

Do you need to have a team of 5 to play or can you just show up and join with others? My wife and I would like to go this Sunday.

You can even play alone if you like :) - more drinks for you if you win.

The rule is: MAX. 5 people - no rules for a minimum quantity.

We will be there on Sunday, but remember: this time it's at 6:00 p.m. as there's Karaoke afterwards (good fun last time!!)

Hey Tor! You still up for trying it again? Would really love to beat the Guinea Pigs this time... And of course hope to hear an educated voice at the Karaoke later - one or two new people that don't make your ears bleed would do good :rolleyes:

I am planning to come... trying to cram some brit pop into my head! This time I swear the Take That will be an answer.

I also will bet money on 'parthenogenesis'.

So, what does the attendance from TT look like?

t.

oh no, think I've asked this before - is it very british? then I'll have to say, "i'm only here for the beer"

well the questions are usually quite general, a mixed bag, but good.

some currents events, some sports, and history.

there's a picture round and a music round.

there were a couple british questions that i had NO idea about

and some tricky american trivia

it's quite a fun mix of questions.

hab' kein angst.

t.

ah, ok, then I'll be ok then. on trivial pursuit - haven't played in ages, but used to have the original one - i used to do well on the blue, the brown so-so, but was awful on the entertainment (pink) and if there was anything about baseball in sports, forget it

That'll make us a good team then.

Mat and I are crap at Geography and Literature. Mat's good at sport and all sorts of general knowledge. I'm good at entertainment and SOME general stuff (depends) - we were a good team with Tor - and Jules, the waitress.

Let's make the Guinea Pigs weep... (Dave, you would like that, too, wouldn't you?!!!)

Looking forward to meeting you - off to medieval market now :)

i'll be the guy with the bike helmet and portable bike seat, dressed in bike shorts. I'll be taking the bus.

I would love to join although I'm crap at this kind of stuff. Luckily there is alway a beer alternative.

How would I recognize you all? Is everyone wearing a helmet? :-)

I certainly will wear my beige shoues and matching bag. Not sure about the rest ?-)

With Tor, Silty, Mat and me we are four already, and it depends if Jules wants to play with us or not, we'll know that when we're there.

But if we have a full team already I'm sure we will find another nice team for you. And we can always still sit together.

Ask the bar staff or the quizmaster for Mat and Karin, most of them know us (if they are not very new).

and it looks like cookie and cookette are coming...

unless they have changed their mind.

Hello, "cookette" here. (Very cute.) I'm Laurel and Cookie is my husband Matt. We will both be there. Matt is a Trivia King and I guess I'm along for a good time. We'd love someone to take us under their wing.

Hello, "cookette" here. (Very cute.) ...We'd love someone to take us under their wing.

thanks, i try B)

i'm sure we'll sort something out.

i'll try to be there about 5.45... i'm hard to miss, at 6'5'' with long brown hair and a beer in hand.

i'll pm you my mobile number just in case.

Tor

Was nice to meet up with you guys at the quiz and put faces to names. Hopefully see you again on Sunday - normal time of 20:30.