Life in Bamberg - northern Bavaria (Franken)

32 posts in this topic

Thanks, STB, that might be the best option for me. We are allowed to send some of our things ahead-so I would at least have enough clothes until I could come back and claim my things at the locker.

Bamburg is really nice. Have a great time. Try and bring the pets though if you are close to them. In my (limited) experience, finding a place to rent when you have a cat and or dog isn't too bad (that is Munich though, no idea about Bamberg)

Thanks Boomtown :) I will probably feel a little homesick at first and familiar furry :ph34r: faces will help me feel more at home. I have only read one posting about someone bringing a parrot over, so I am following her guidelines.

It´s true about the american accents in Bamberg. I was there recently and heard quite a few. I was there for the beer (hobby), but also did some sightseeing, the Dom, Michaelsberg, Klein Venedig, etc., Schlenkerla is a must (Rauchbier).

w

Hello,

I am getting an offer from a company in Hallstadt, Bamberg.

I am a software developer with 4yrs exp. and the company is offering me somewhere around Euro 45K p.a.

Can anyone suggest if this salary is okay ?

How is the standard of living there, i mean is this expensive place to stay ? how are the rents of aparments with 2 rooms ?

where can i search for apartments?

thanks

Topics merged by admin

https://ssl.fraenkischer-tag.de/anzeigen/an...4&verlag=ft

Here's the link to the local newspaper just go to "vermietungen" for the available apartments and you can get an idea how much an apartment would cost in Bamberg. Is it a possibility that your company can help you with finding a decent place to live? Regarding cost of living, the housing cost is relatively cheaper in Bamberg than the Frankfurt or Munich areas of Germany.

is hallstadt a small place in bamberg?

i tried to find apartment on rent but could not find over the net?

should i look for a place to stay in bamberg or in hallstadt, which is better place to live.

i want that atleast in the evening there should be places to go around and some malls, i am not sure if hallstadt has enough shopping malls, anyone has an idea?

how is the connectivity between bamberg and hallstadt, if i plan to stay in bamberg? are there enough bus or train connections?

Do yourself a favor and stay in Bamberg. The commute will not be difficult, negotiate your company to pay for your driving school, and bamberg is a much nicer place to live.

I ditto the suggestion it's much better to stay in Bamberg than in Hallstadt. There's much more to do in the city than in Hallstadt. You can be in Hallstadt in about 10 minutes from the center of the town.