What are you listening to right now?

9,235 posts in this topic

Looks like TM has finally killed 'What Are You listening..." took an age to open it just now...

"Queen premiere previously unheard Freddie Mercury song Face It Alone"

Queen have revealed a previously unheard, deeply emotional song they recorded with Freddie Mercury in 1988.

Face It Alone, which the late singer recorded during sessions for 1989 album The Miracle, was given its premiere by BBC Radio 2's Ken Bruce on Thursday.

"We did find a little gem from Freddie, that we'd kind of forgotten about," drummer Roger Taylor said about the track in June.

"It's wonderful, a real discovery. It's a very passionate piece."

The song is one of six unreleased tracks to feature in a forthcoming box set of The Miracle, four of which feature Mercury's vocals.

It was recorded during the historic sessions for The Miracle in London and Switzerland, when Mercury had been diagnosed with HIV but hadn't made it public.

In a powerful vocal, he appears to reference his failing health, growing increasingly passionate as he repeats the refrain: "In the end / You have to face it all alone."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-63241308

10 hours ago, Wulfrun said:

Looks like TM has finally killed 'What Are You listening..." took an age to open it just now...

this version is quite satisfying

Head shops, black light rooms, I was 12 or so,  but glad I experienced this.  This is when I learned stuff

18e52237-099b-4c77-926e-6879dbe3bbf5.jpg