What are you listening to right now?

8,947 posts in this topic

pappnase, I'm so sorry you and your children have to go through this, my thoughts are with you. 

"You are my sunshine" was the song I used to sing to my son too, it used to calm him down and help him to go to sleep.

I wish you strength tomorrow

3 hours ago, pappnase said:

I'm struggling to fit them into an order of service.

Looks like those two songs are a good opening and close to the service.

Although it's a classic concert opener, I think Thunderstruck would have to go at the very end of the service, so you can all leave the service on as positive/upbeat a note (if horrendously bitter sweet) as possible in the circumstances. 

Many moons ago at my mother's funeral she had asked for "Come up and see me, make me smile" by Steve Harley and the Cockney Rebel, which had us smiling (as much as possible) on the way out. Of course, I can't keep a dry eye when I hear it even all these years later.

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow.

Strength and peace for tomorrow, as those above have already wished.

@pappnase do you have a Redner or someone to support you?

3 hours ago, dstanners said:

Come up and see me

Banging tune, your mum clearly had excellent taste.

You are right, they are going to be the opener and the closer. 

3 hours ago, kiplette said:

do you have a Redner or someone to support you

Yeah, I have a Redner who is going to read and lead the service etc. In reality if I don't overrule him he will organise the music too. I'm just fussing and feeling emotional.

Glad there is someone there to take some of the organisation off you, not that anything makes it easier.

I am so sorry this is happening at all.

Every good wish both for today and the days that follow, for you and your children.

7 hours ago, kiplette said:

Glad there is someone there to take some of the organisation off you, not that anything makes it easier.

Well it went fantastically well, the whole thing was really lovely. Exhausted now but full of love for my family and the way that it went.

I'm so glad you are pleased with the very difficult service for your wife. Now rest and look after yourself. My heart goes out to you.

For all the heroes standing against Putin:

"Choir! Choir! Choir! teamed up with David Byrne and a TON of singers in the Ford Foundation lobby of the Public Theater during the Under the Radar Festival to sing 'Heroes' written by David Bowie and Brian Eno"