What are you listening to right now?

8,240 posts in this topic

Officially asked my Lawyer to Apply for Sole custody of my Daughter...    Maybe one of the hardest descissions I have EVER had to make... 

Hopefully it works out.. and hopefully no "long lasting hurt  for her"... 

From the day she was born, I promised to protect her and be there for her.... 

Read the lyrics...

Its time for me to keep my head low and prepare for a shit storm...

Thanks to all that sent well wishes... 

Wir sehen uns.

Geoff.

PS... Janx...    Thank you. 

1 hour ago, SpiderPig said:

Officially asked my Lawyer to Apply for Sole custody of my Daughter...    Maybe one of the hardest descissions I have EVER had to make...

Good luck SP. From what you've posted, it didn't seem you had any alternative. As for the music though...Jesus wept! Still, each to their own, and I guess it depends on how you're feeling at the time. Personally, I managed to get my 1950s tractor up and running ahead of the weekend and have two days to practice opening beer bottles with the front loader, so this is what I'm hearing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Ao-iNPPUc

Can't decide which song fits best to just-another-covid-friday.
There is still way enough day left. I'll listen to the whole disc.
Plasmatics - New Hope For The Wretched

Ichi, ni, san, shi!

Not quite right now, but listened to the Pet Sounds album whilst walking by the beach earlier. 

8 minutes ago, ooch said:

ahhhhhhh

<Good vibrations>

This was not on Pet Sounds, but everyone thinks it is :P In a lot of ways it should be, it tonally fits the album and I think early takes of it were recorded during the Pet Sounds recording sessions

from poor to ... can it get worser ...

Released on the single Capitol #5676 on October 10, 1966 as Good Vibrations / Let's Go Away For Awhile, the title reached number one in the U.S. and the U.K., among others, while in Germany it only made it to number 8. Within four days, 400,000 copies had been sold in the USA, and in Great Britain a total of 300,000 went over the counter. On December 21, 1966, the song reached million-seller status.[5]

It first appeared on LP on Smiley Smile, released on September 11, 1967.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

wikipedia

“Like anybody can tell you, I am not a very nice man. I don't know the word. I have
always admired the villain, the outlaw, the son of a bitch. I don't like the clean-shaven
boy with the necktie and the good job. I like desperate men, men with broken teeth
and broken minds and broken ways. They interest me. They are full of surprises and
explosions. I also like vile women, drunk cursing bitches with loose stockings and
sloppy mascara faces. I'm more interested in perverts than saints. I can relax with
bums because I am a bum. I don't like laws, morals, religions, rules. I don't like to be
shaped by society.”
Charles Bukowski, South of No North

upps