What are you listening to right now?

8,209 posts in this topic

After a lovely day drinking with my Gerry buddies... I am slowly chilling and winding down!!!!

just love roxy....    

My online meeting, the online lesson of my daughter and the online meeting of my wife.

Everyone in this house is deaf except me.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

That's pretty cool, Wulfrun. I found my hometown.

It's pretty amazing, glad you like it

"Renegades: Born in the USA." 

Barack Obama, Bruce Springsteen launch new Spotify podcast about their 'unlikely friendship'

An unlikely friendship is at the center of an unlikely podcast: Barack Obama and Bruce Springsteen in deep conversation.

Former President Obama and Michelle Obama's Higher Ground production company on Monday is debuting its second Spotify podcast, "Renegades: Born in the USA." The eight-episode series features conversations between Obama and Springsteen, who formed a friendship during the 2008 campaign trail, as they discuss topics from marriage and fatherhood to race and the state of the country.

The premiere "Renegades" episode, titled "Outsiders: An Unlikely Friendship," details how the politician and the musician forged their relationship despite not having "a lot in common" on the surface.

"He's a white guy from a small town in Jersey. I'm a Black guy of mixed race born in Hawaii with a childhood that took me around the world. He's a rock 'n' roll icon. I'm a lawyer and politician, not as cool," Obama says in the podcast. "And as I like to remind Bruce every chance I get, he's more than a decade older than me. Although, he looks damn good."

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2021/02/22/barack-obama-bruce-springsteen-debut-spotify-renegades-podcast/4509049001/

Cracking good stuff, interspersed with a little Springsteen musical magic.

Listen here: https://open.spotify.com/episode/75SnexBepxKANqCQhM4B0t

Two of my favorite things!! Heavy music AND the Peanuts! Many, many greens for this!!! :D

I'm actually gonna add to the Peanuts Gang music videos - only watch if you can stand 15 minute songs that start out like standard 60's stuff and then evolve to fantastic Grateful Dead like wild&weird psychedelics (watch Snoopy play the jewsharp and then "sing"! watch Schroeder's piano solo!!):

it was a warm sunny summer afternoon '77 I think, on BFBS

not this one for sure - but my first peel-time

many more followed...

Some people think little girls should be seen and not heard