What are you listening to right now?

8,075 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, john g. said:

A German DJ talking about where the hippy movement really began.. not in San Francisco but in a cul de sac in Los Angeles. Why Jim Morrison and Frank Zappa etc became what they became and their fathers‘ employment etc. Fascinating- but all in German-   https://youtu.be/12_6RWXqJG0

Ah, John you are travelling up the Laurel Canyon rabbit hole! Here is the original book by Dave McGowan:

http://www.darknessisfalling.com/uploads/2/3/7/0/23701544/weird_scenes_inside_the_canyon_-_laurel_canyon_covert_ops___the_dark_heart_of_the_hippie_dream__2014__by_david_mcgowan___nick_bryant.pdf

Here is someone who lives in LA who has just gone public about his side of the Hollywood thing:

This is an epic interview.

Only got as far as Frank Zappa and his Dad and had to cut it off cos a phone call came in. Hope to revisit tomorrow! Dunno what happened next!

7 hours ago, john g. said:

Only got as far as Frank Zappa and his Dad and had to cut it off cos a phone call came in. Hope to revisit tomorrow! Dunno what happened next!

If you are Zappa fan, we are friends.  I have seen Frank live several times in my lifetime.  My neighbor in Tennessee was his guitarist for several years.

Have you forgotten when there was a time filled with hope instead of fear that's in your heart? 

There was a time when life was simple and innocent to start

Do you remember?

I hear some Curtis Mayfield influence, this artist is awesome.  From the Austin, Techsus, I introduce you to Eric Burton via producer Adrian Quesada.

On 8/2/2020, 11:52:54, LukeSkywalker said:

Mr Cool Jazz Brubeck was ahead of his time.  Someone edited Brubeck's ensemble piece "Take Five" , splicing some of the musical elements into an inventive re-imagining of  "Golden Brown."