What are you listening to right now?

8,076 posts in this topic

My 3 year old Armenian/German/American granddaughter's favorite.  She can dance to this all night.  :D  And she has got the moves - it's in the blood. :D

And this one too.  KOHAR is an amazing band and was formed after the devastating earthquake in Armenia. Such uplifting music. Our little one runs back and forth in the living room waving scarves and dancing and then taking a momentous bow at the end in response to the applause.

Love this...the chap in middle can sing to me any day...swoon

52 minutes ago, Wulfrun said:

Flashmob perform Beethoven's Ode To Joy

Watch this video. It is astonishing.

It is wonderful to see so many musicians and singers walk out after each other and take part in the music in perfect harmony! What a metaphor!

I admit, I actually cried.

And I had a lot of thoughts in these days of Brexit, while the British members of the EU parliament are attending their very last session, then to pack up and to leave Brussels forever.

I don't want the UK to leave.

I don't want the EU to fail.

I want the great European idea to prevail.

I want to see little countries warring each other grow together and be at peace.

Who'da thunk war torn und split up Yugoslavia would gradually calm down, and bit by bit peacefully join the EU, an ongoing but wonderful process?

I never thought I would ever cross the border between Eire and Northern Ireland *without* border guards carrying machine guns getting on to every bus and checking every car  - don't take that away!

My parents never would have believed the little Baltic states Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania would rejoin the West and - helped by the EU - blossom into centers of technology and trade - look now!

Large parts of Eastern Europe, sworn enemies of the West, bearers of horrendous weapons, now peacefully trading and travelling with us!

This must not fracture.

I don't want it, but perhaps it will be necessary for the UK to go down the long dark road of poverty. Maybe it is for the best if Scotland and Northern Ireland rejoin the EU on their own terms, gradually convincing the tattered remains of their former Union to follow suit many years later.

UK, I don't wish that pain on you, but you have chosen your path.

I wish you all the best.

I hope to see you again soon.

A woodpecker (Buntspecht) hammering on top of a nearby street light (thats when looking for a mate & the sound carries further than if you hammer on a dried tree).