What are you listening to right now?

7,739 posts in this topic

My all time favorite musician, Al Jarreau. I played his albums so much when my Christopher was around 5 or 6 yrs. old that we could both sing the lyrics to most of his songs.

He is the only one I've ever heard who put lyrics to the music Take Five.

19 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

My all time favorite musician, Al Jarreau. I played his albums so much when my Christopher was around 5 or 6 yrs. old that we could both sing the lyrics to most of his songs.

He is the only one I've ever heard who put lyrics to the music Take Five.

I love Al Jarreau, saw him 7 times in concert over the years. He is missed. 

28 minutes ago, HEM said:

Andreas Vollwenweider:  Behind The Gardens – Behind The Wall – Under The Tree

I love Andreas Vollwenweider's Down with the Moon remember buying it on LP in the 80's. This was my first introduction to his music. About a year ago, a friend shared a CD by a musician named Hiliary Stagg and when I looked at the liner notes, Andreas Vollenweider was one of the musicians playing on the CD. My friend had never heard of Andreas Vollenweider . Andreas Vollenweider  won a Grammy for Down to The Moon. Hiliary Stagg was working as an electrician, went to a Andreas Vollenweider concert and was so inspired by him he learned to play the harp.

10 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I'm sure I saw him a dozen times.

Another favorite when he was young and relatively unheard of except for in Germany and then again later.

Your Song

Must find my Al Jarreau Live in London CD that's one of my favorites  by him.

Jacqueline du Pre  is one of the greatest cellist that's ever performed.  Early in her career, she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and lost nerve sensation in her hands and stopped performing.

She died of this horrible disease at age 42.    Her legacy lives on in her passionate music.

On 27/09/2019, 19:04:59, AlexTr said:

Meh, sometimes I think people as old as I am (or older, but who's to say?) know these things. Then again, I could likely tell you less than nothing about British folk from that era.

I took 'British folk' to mean folk music... Here's some archive film from the Jug O' Punch folk club in Birmingham. I was a regular there in the late '60s & early '70s. Their New Year ceilidhs were superb. Sadly, Ian Campbell & Dave Swarbrick are no longer with us.

I don't know why. It just came to my mind and gave me a giggle.