Forum layout improvements

108 posts in this topic

I haven't changed anything, and have no problems, I get all the threads including events and meetups. I really don't see what everyone is whining about. (and I did click on the chat forum thingies).

Refering to Germany as a "Toytown" is particularly disturbing for me.

I think "Toytown" is still a good name. It's referring to the online community in cyberspace where geographical distances are meaningless, and I suppose you could say that community is a kind of make-believe, "toy" town?

Been living in Germany for approx. 25 years and only recently moved to Munich. Comparing Munich to places like Hamburg, Stuttgart, Berlin, Frankfurt etc. you have to come to one conclusion. This place is indeed more like a Toytown than any other city in Germany and if I remember correctly that was also the intention in the first place? Germany isn't a town either, not that I'm particularly bothered though. Changes are necessary and we all can certainly benefit from becoming nationwide. Perhaps a name change is also necessary? Nevertheless, still prefer Toytown to BritTown or ToyBrit... B)

Events & nightlife

Events & meetups

bit confusing - has it always been like that?

Maybe just calling one "Nightlife" and the other "Events"? Or is that not specific enough? OR, "Nightlife Meetups" and the other "Events". Or "Nightlife Events" and "Meetups". It's the "Events" in both titles that confuses me. Plus, a lot of the events that happen under the "Events and Meetups" take place at night. :unsure:

Events basically for events not organised by TT

Meetups for TT arranged 'meetups'

Having said that, I haven't made a detailed study of the exact content of each section :huh:

Having said that, I haven't made a detailed study of the exact content of each section

We'd like a report on our screens by noon, please. :D

:D yes, br. Also, could you please include some pretty charts-- demographics and whatnot.

Thanks, boomie. ;)

What is the difference between the two actually? I never go into the Nightlife one much because it seems to be more about concerts and clubbing and other things that people younger than myself do. Is that one for events that take place (predominantly at night) that are not TT organized? As opposed to the Events and Meetups which are organized TT things?

We'd like a report on our screens by noon, please.

yes, br. Also, could you please include some pretty charts-- demographics and whatnot.

Thanks, boomie.

:D working on it as we type

it seems to be more about concerts and clubbing and other things that people younger than myself do

Oh the wonders of sunscreen, folks!

My suggestion:

Events - for concerts, clubbing, Kirchweih, organisation nothing to do with TT members

TT Meets - for meals, clubs tours, pub nights etc. organised by TT members

i cannot find the munich events & meet-ups link... :-( where has it gone?

I keep having this problem too! I eventually find it though :)

well, after thorough research, it seems the hunches are pretty spot on. My initial report findings are:

Events is basically for events (and perhaps meetups) based on things not actually organised by TT. As JL suggested this is often things like concerts or club nights

Meetups is for TT arranged 'meetups' (eg meet at pub, Andechs whatever)

There are however a few things in the 'wrong' section (e.g. Berlin Love parade in the meetups section)

And Munich is the only region to have two 'events' sections

More detailed demographic breakdowns etc to follow later...