Post your personality type

103 posts in this topic

That's more like it, Topsy!

Very easily bored, not suffering fools gladly, doing before thinking because the goal looks like fun and not being remotely good at tact or patience.

Aye, I can see it now. :D

@baddoggie, yeah, it's a typical INTJ attribute to dismiss this kind of thing as psychobabble quackery, so that's exactly the kind of reaction that's to be expected

the link you posted to typelogic is also pretty good, I used that one for my recent assignment as well

I bet Nadia is an INTJ as well

Nope, INTP/ENTP depending on the weather, as mentioned above. Here is a link to the article:

New Yorker on Myers Briggs.

Oh and the P occasionally becomes a J, depending on the time of the month, but that isn't that time of the month ;)

The article is by Malcolm Gladwell, BTW -- the author of Tipping Point and Blink.

INTJ

44% 25% 25% 44%

and i dont put much faith in these psyc tests either :)

ENFJ for me.

You are:

distinctively expressed extrovert

very expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed judging personality

ENFJ

Extroverted 78

Intuitive 62

Feeling 38

Judging 33

@ Nadia, the author of the article is an INTJ, I note with interest

I therefore rest my case ;)

Actually, there's some truth in what he writes.

The test doesn't work for everyone, and you should use it as an indicator of what your strengths and weaknesses are, rather than as a tool for recruiting.

It can also be useful in personal relationships, as well.

But sure, take it with a pinch of salt.

Did you read the whole article? It's basically a fun parlor game, but the fact that employers are using it to decide on new hires and where in the company to put them is idiotic, to say the least.

the fact that employers are using it to decide on new hires and where in the company to put them is idiotic, to say the least.

If there are companies that do that, then I totally agree with you.

But for me, I definitely found it useful to figure out what I am, what my boss is and change my tactics accordingly (I'd slipped way down his Christmas card list to the extent of nearly falling off it :o)

It helped me a lot, and I'd recommend anybody to give it a try in situations like that.

@Nadia - I would say the MBTI is definately better than horoscopes because there are interesting correlations between people and their Type. Statistics show that there are more women who have a Feeling preference than there are men. Also i.e. there are many more people with an preference for Intuition in science than usual. You don't have these correlations with horoscopes.

It's sad however, if your employer or other people use your Type merely as a stereotype.

I definitely found it useful to figure out what I am, what my boss is and change my tactics accordingly

But how do you know what he would answer to the questions or did you get him to take the test ?

bd, I basically used a description of the key points that describe each of the personalities and figured out which one he was based on that.

Asked colleagues to do it, too, and they came up with the same result for him (ISTJ).

I couldn't ask him to do the test itself, cos it was a guerilla-style approach. If I'd told him I was doing it, it probably wouldn't have worked.

He's left now, anyway (thank god), so I can go back to being meself :D

@dostoyevski: To some extent if people believe in horoscopes they tend to be self-fulfilling. As in, if you meet a chick at a club and she immediately tells you she is a scorpio, be damned sure to buy her a drink. ;)

ENFP at the moment. (Until the next mood swing, I mean!)

What the heck: INFJ

You are:

slightly expressed introvert

slightly expressed intuitive personality

distinctively expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed judging personality

:rolleyes:

Judging 22

funny, thought that would have been higher... ;)

on my side:

eNTj

11, 75, 12, 1

which apparently puts me among the "Hardly more than two percent of the total population" Fieldmarshals. That puts me with Napoleon, Maggie Thatcher, George Bernard Shaw, Bill Gates and Alan Greenspan ... so if you'll excuse me, I have to go make some plans to rule the world ;)

@Nadia - what's your sign, BTW?

Er...scorpio? ;) Well, not really but I could use a drink.

funny, thought that would have been higher...

on my side:

eNTj

11, 75, 12, 1

which apparently put me among the "Hardly more than two percent of the total population" Fieldmarshals. That puts me with Napoleon, Maggie Thatcher, George Bernard Shaw, Bill Gate and Alan Greenspan ... so if you'll excuse me, I have to go make some plans to rule the world

You best move on over, I'm entj too. :ph34r:

Off to contemplate my minions ...