Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

River rafting on the Isar with a rubberboat

64 posts in this topic

How much was it Tom? Is there a max rated weight? Would it support a plus sized gentleman such as myself?

It was 129€ including oars and a tiny rucksack that attatches. I think the max weight was 100kg (I will check later, its in the car)

I'd be keen for this weekend, but I'm not here so can't.. unless there is some really bad weather I'm definitely keen for this next weekend though..

So actually, I propose Sunday the 30th, seeing as you can't do anything else on a Sunday anyway, I need Saturday to do some shopping.

On a side note, unrelated to rafting down the Isar (maybe) but definately related to rubber boats in general... Do you need a licence to use them on lakes/rivers?

I find it hard to believe you do, but someone at lunch was just telling me you do. Knowing this place, it could be true. Do you really need a licence to use what is essentially a rubber dingy?

When does a boat become a full on "licenceable boat" rather than a dingy?

so when you go out on your little rubber raft thingy down the isar do you wear lifejackets?

i just thought of this and the smart thing (especially if drinking) would to wear one, but do people actually do it?

It was 129€ including oars and a tiny rucksack that attatches. I think the max weight was 100kg (I will check later, its in the car)

If the nuts last (nutzlast) is the weight limit, then yes, it is 100kg. I guess there is a tolerance in that too.

@mere, if I do an Isar run, I will be wanting a life jacket yeah. Just to be on the safe side like

I'd like to wear a life jacket, but where do you get one of them from, and can I get it for less than a fiver? :)

that's the problem. a quality jacket costs a pretty penny. my all time favorite one is my kayaking lifejacket, but it's back in the US.

I would like one for when I go wakeboarding, so I can split the cost justification... But I see your point, they can be pricy.

fyi, lidl do have some this week but they look shit and are still well over a fiver... here

edit: just realised, they are self inflating ones, hence the cost.

I've heard that the Isar around these parts are around 1 meter deep most of the time.. as long as you don't get completely drunk, what are the chances of drowning? I'm a pretty strong swimmer, but I guess if you fell out and knocked your head or something..

I'd feel very confident if sober but...

but I guess if you fell out and knocked your head or something..

Thats the thing innit...

So actually, I propose Sunday the 30th, seeing as you can't do anything else on a Sunday anyway, I need Saturday to do some shopping.

So, this gonna happen?

If so, I am gonna go look for a waterproof container for things-that-shouldn't-get-wet and a life jacket.

My Lidl still has some life jackets but they are 50€ so I am gonna go see what karstadt-sport and sportscheck have to offer(Can't find any in their online shops!)

Yep.. I reckon this is on for Sunday. If its pissing down with rain, maybe it'll be called off but I reckon it'll be ok.

I have a couple of people from work interested so I'm keen. Don't know about spending 50 euros on a life jacket though..

OK, I found a life jacket for 35. Thats acceptable for me. I want to do it without but as its unknown waters and all that, and my first time, I think I am better off this way. Being responsible and all that.

I also got a waterprooof bag thing so phones & shit like wallets & stuff can go in there.

You bringing a pump?

I'm gonna bring a pump, and I've got a few more people interested as well who have done it before. They are friends of a friend at work (who is coming also), but he is going to call them tonight to sort out exactly what is going on, and then I'll post on here the details. Weather is looking ok for Sunday, so this should be good.

want to do it without but as its unknown waters and all that, and my first time, I think I am better off this way. Being responsible and all that.

Um yeah B)