Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

England v. Portugal - final score 1:3 on penalties

222 posts in this topic

that's sad.

It seems rotten that after getting so far - further than England have got in a good long while - the fallout is the Sven and Becks will go and Ronney will be shredded by the tabloids.

Why can't we all just celebrate how well they did and how far they got and just leave it at that?

Why can't we all just celebrate how well they did and how far they got and just leave it at that?

With the talent in their squad, they could have won it.

They certainly should have made the semi's

Yep, three tournaments and three Quarter Final spots.

Cant see Rooney being villified by the press, I think that honour is going to go to Ronaldo, he is quoted as saying he did not ask fo a red card, but simply said "It is Foul!" - The fact that he ran 40 yards to say this when the ref had already given a foul anyway, pours a little doubt on his intentions and the wink to the bench shortly afterwards also speaks volumes.

Ronaldo is currently trying to engineer a move away from Man Poo, this could be the springboard he needs to make it happen.

@3 Lions, that's entirely my thoughts too. Ronaldo wants to go to Spain and I can't see Ronaldo staying at Man Utd with his fallouts with Alan Smith, Ruud Van Nistelrooy & now Wayne Rooney.

I think some of you need glasses, to say Rooney deserved the red card, what a load of b******

Did you see Ronaldo wink to his couch afterwards? or even put his finger to his lips, he should have got the red card, wait till you get to Old trafford. He should be shitting himself.

One thing though, I reckon England actually played much better once Rooney was sent off.

They played with more passion and desire than at any other time in the tournament.

absolutely. last night was the best I have seen them play in this tournament and it gave me hope that they could be raising their game in time. Which made their loss on penalties all the hearder to bear.

couldnt believe it when he brought on crouch though...couldnt have been a better time for a nippy impact player that could surprise everyone...anyway...tchusss inkland.

couldnt believe it when he brought on crouch though...couldnt have been a better time for a nippy impact player that could surprise everyone...

Well they wouldn't have had a single striker then.

Crouch was very ineffective; England had a lot of counter-attack opportunities, but Crouch never made much of any of them. Definitely needed someone more nimble. Walcott probably would have been the better bet, given the limited choice available.

condolences english peeps. anyway, not that i know anything about football but it seemed they actually played a lot better after rooney got sent off. that was the first time i thought they'd actually win it. and on a barely related topic, there was a guy at the beach yesterday with the 3 lions crest tattooed onto his chest. That I got but he also had a pair of stars on each side of his shoulders and arms. what are the stars for then?

The star on the England jerseys, right above the 3 lions represents their one World Cup victory. Maybe this guy is the eternal optimist and has 2 star tatoos, looking for the future win.