German women and femininity

123 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, emkay said:

Definitely keep rocking long red hair! My cousin, a teacher, was recently hounded out of her job by a new head teacher. He generally felt that she didn’t look age appropriate and particularly her ‘blöde rote Haare‘. She is naturally red though her grey roots were coloured accordingly.  Thankfully, this awful situation turned into a blessing. She’s now changed her whole life and moved away from Germany…and, kept her lovely long red hair!

What the actual fuck.

This is horrendous, even if it ended well...

40 minutes ago, Metall said:

What the actual fuck.

This is horrendous, even if it ended well...

Awful situation indeed. Despite a positive outcome, my cousin endured months of stress that affected her whole family. The headteacher  also didn’t like that my cousin coached teenage girls on female empowerment. She was clearly better out of such a working environment.

On 4 October 2021 06:12:53, emkay said:

Just saw this article on Jane Birkin and how she’s aging gracefully and naturally.  I think her hair is a lovely length and colour…very flattering.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10054059/Charlotte-Gainsbourg-50-says-mother-Jane-Birkins-approach-ageing-inspiring.html?login

Unless she's particularly lucky, I'd say her hair was dyed, possibly eyebrows too, so she's not ageing entirely naturally.

1 hour ago, emkay said:

Definitely keep rocking long red hair! My cousin, a teacher, was recently hounded out of her job by a new head teacher. He generally felt that she didn’t look age appropriate and particularly her ‘blöde rote Haare‘. She is naturally red though her grey roots were coloured accordingly.  Thankfully, this awful situation turned into a blessing. She’s now changed her whole life and moved away from Germany…and, kept her lovely long red hair!

That's terrible. Surely grounds for unfair dismissal. Do you think she felt under pressure at work to cover the grey?

26 minutes ago, Lorelei said:

Unless she's particularly lucky, I'd say her hair was dyed, possibly eyebrows too, so she's not ageing entirely naturally.

That's terrible. Surely grounds for unfair dismissal. Do you think she felt under pressure at work to cover the grey?

On the other hand I have been dying my hair on and off since I was 13. Do I have to stop now that I hit 50 (two years ago it went pastel pink by accident - my teenage daughter thought it was awesome ;-) if I want to claim I am ageing naturally ? (Which incidentally I don't, but it's the principle that grates.)

German women and feminity part 71😂

Nicole saw two beautiful pairs of shoes in a shop while I was next door at the post office.

" Which ones do you prefer, Schatzi?"

" Both. I would like to buy you both." So I did.

Gents- THAT is how to spend as little time as possible in a shoe shop. There must be a better solution... but I'm still working on it!😂

2 hours ago, Marianne013 said:

Do I have to stop now that I hit 50 

Not if you enjoy pastel pink :lol:

Whatever is right for you. 

3 hours ago, john g. said:

Nicole saw two beautiful pairs of shoes in a shop while I was next door at the post office.

I'll raise you on that one.  Back in January 2018 I had to turn in my company car (a VW Touran diesel - best car we ever had) due to retirement.

So we needed a replacement fairly quickly - the Nissan Micra we had was needed by our daughter to go to work (25 minutes by car, 90 minutes by public transport).

After visiting various showrooms we ended up at a nearby Toyota dealer whose business model is "Tageszulassung" & "Hauspreis" in large volume.

There stood a red Verso 1.8 (not too disimmilar to the Touran) & like the Touran being somewhat higher up is better for my back. 

But next to it was a smart grey Toyota Yaris 1.5 which would be good for my wife when I would be on the airfield.

After discussing prices I said "what do you offer if we buy both" which we then did.

The Yaris is quite sporty & fun to drive but I feel one sits with backside on the road surface.  The Verso is more sedate & comfortable (for me).

Gents- THAT is how to spend as little time as possible in a shoe shop. There must be a better solution... but I'm still working on it!😂

PS: I forgot to mention why I was at the post office. In the whole of Ierapetra there is only one place to buy those cardboard box thingies to make parcels with and send off to Germany: the post office. After 8 years here, we learnt that today😂

Cos we have things to post. The thing is, they only had 4! One XL ( to fit about 6 pairs of shoes in) and large ( to fit about 3 pairs in).

Little did I know more will be required for shoes only! 

Looks like I will have to fly to Hamburg with a dog, no socks and none of my own shoes! The world is unfair!❤️😂

But... noblesse oblige...

2 minutes ago, HEM said:

I'll raise you on that one.  Back in January 2018 I had to turn in my company car (a VW Touran diesel - best car we ever had) due to retirement.

So we needed a replacement fairly quickly - the Nissan Micra we had was needed by our daughter to go to work (25 minutes by car, 90 minutes by public transport).

After visiting various showrooms we ended up at a nearby Toyota dealer whose business model is "Tageszulassung" & "Hauspreis" in large volume.

There stood a red Verso 1.8 (not too disimmilar to the Touran) & like the Touran being somewhat higher up is better for my back. 

But next to it was a smart grey Toyota Yaris 1.5 which would be good for my wife when I would be on the airfield.

After discussing prices I said "what do you offer if we buy both" which we then did.

The Yaris is quite sporty & fun to drive but I feel one sits with backside on the road surface.  The Verso is more sedate & comfortable (for me).

You are a scholar and a gentleman!👍👍

We two are indeed of the same generation! And both tall! And good- looking in a suave way! ( Not Daniel Craig... more Roger Moore)...🙁😀

( forgot... and ageing gracefully/ gracelessly).. Hobson's choice???😄

4 hours ago, Lorelei said:

No, the head teacher wanted her to go COMPLETELY grey and hack off her long hair!! So she would look "decent"!!
No flirtatious red strands after menopause!

4 hours ago, emkay said:

The headteacher  also didn’t like that my cousin coached teenage girls on female empowerment. She was clearly better out of such a working environment.

Head teacher... the 1950s are calling and want their misogyny back!!

6 hours ago, john g. said:

Pedantic alert: NOBODY noticed my spelling mistake earlier on! There is NO such word as " feminity." Femininity is where it's at. 

Be ashamed!😂

( Me too )...

41 minutes ago, john g. said:

There is NO such word as " feminity."

Yes there is.  It has the same meaning.  It is a bit antiquated but, well, you are an older guy...

8 hours ago, john g. said:

Pedantic alert: NOBODY noticed my spelling mistake earlier on! There is NO such word as " feminity." Femininity is where it's at. 

Be ashamed!😂

( Me too )...

Here’s a word for you John…never heard it used.

muliebrity

/ˌmjuːlɪˈɛbrɪti/

noun

LITERARY

womanly qualities; womanliness.

7 hours ago, snowingagain said:

Yes there is.  It has the same meaning.  It is a bit antiquated but, well, you are an older guy...

I happily stand corrected!👍

44 minutes ago, emkay said:

Here’s a word for you John…never heard it used.

muliebrity

/ˌmjuːlɪˈɛbrɪti/

noun

LITERARY

Love it!!!

19 hours ago, Lorelei said:

I meant the mother, Jane Birkin. Pic further down the article of mother and daughter. Mother’s hair definitely coloured though very flattering.  I remember reading something about Jane Birkin‘s dog slobbering in her super expensive Hermes handbag. Price of the bags between $40,000 and $500,000! She was unconcerned. I guess if Hermes make bags in your name, you’ve probably got a few freebies:D

4 hours ago, emkay said:

muliebrity

/ˌmjuːlɪˈɛbrɪti/

noun

LITERARY

womanhood, womanness, womanishness, femaleness, femineity: the state or quality of being a woman

Or: „Me Tarzan, you Jane.“

On 9/30/2021, 9:22:00, French bean said:

This was posted on Reddit. Somehow Austrians seem more akin to Scandinavians visually:

AustriaVGermany.jpg