German women and femininity

123 posts in this topic

OK before I'm killed for being homophobic I'm not. If you're gay thats fine by me, not my thing, but you go ahead.

However, why do most German women dress like blokes?

Short hair, trousers at all times (unless temperatures exceed 35 degrees) .

Only in the last couple of weeks have I seen a girls in skirts - praise be - however I suspect if temperature drop below 30 degrees they will soon be back to their old ways.

Why?

I think you haven't been going to the right places. My office in near the University and I nearly break my neck going to get a coffee!

jono, you need to just walk from the squash courts down to Munich's muc freiheit and stroll on leopold strasse...as feminine as can be ;)

Definitely going to the wrong places, you'ld need a balljoint neck and eyes in the back of your head to concentrate on the road while driving through Munich these days.

Someday I feel find the rock that all these women hide under when it's not summer.

I'll add my voice to the chorus: women in Munich are HOT and they all look particularly good right about now. I have no idea where you're hanging out, but it's clearly miles away from where I live and work. Heck, there are hot feminine chicks in GBV, for cryin' out loud.

I wonder if this one of those provocative threads with a subtext?

In this case "where is the best place in Munich to ogle girls".

Maybe, Exile, but it seems to me that going to the university and Schwabing on a day over 20 degrees would be so obvious that fishing for this information wouldn't be needed. Duh!

In general I do agree with the statement that German women spend less time on their appearances than many of their European counterparts do, but I perceive that to be something positive. Life is too short to waste on spending hours to get ready to go out and they are intelligent enough to realise this. The ladies in Munich look very feminine in comparison to other parts of Germany. I agree with the majority that you are cruising around in the wrong hood. :D

Maybe some women dress like that but I think it's a big stretch to say that most German women dress like men... I see women in skirts and shorts and all kinds of girlie things everyday... The manly/boy looking ones are there but few and far between...

Our German assistant at university always used to wear the most disgusting trousers (she had several different designs as well as plan coloured ones) - tight on the thighs then boot cut so that they went out, but they were all about 3cm too short for her legs so you could see her socks and shoes. I've noticed that a lot here for some reason.

Capri pants with socks and shoes is the worst for sure.

Maybe jono's talking about the bermuda shorts fashion. I like it a lot, but it could be perceived as butch. But long shorts with a pair of stilettos is sexy imho.

@UA

It's a throwback to early Star Trek when they used to wear Intergalactic chelsea boots. It is not a flattering look, at least not in normal earth gravity.

post-2326-1151566743_thumb.jpg

However, why do most German women dress like blokes?

That's becasue you're looking at the blokes. The birds are the ones with breasts.

uch-- you're right. The tight capri man-pants are even worse with socks and shoes. Baggy ones with flip-flops are alright though.

The tight capri man-pants

aka "Manpris". god what an abomination. Is there a rule here like in the Grundgesetz or sommit that all German women raise their sons to be either metrosexual or gay?