Are people with tattoos stupid?

269 posts in this topic

@TheVon. If you're happy with your tattoos in other contexts get some Dermablend Professional to cover up the tattoos when you need to attend meetings/interviews.

Proof it works

That video was ridiculous! I am very curious to see if that stuff works as they depict. Cool vid either way :)

I bought that stuff: Dermablend. It actually works! You have to go and get your skin tone matched for it to look legitimate, but it is a quick fix. However, the stuff is not that weather/perspiration resistant, so it is kind of a pain. All in all, not bad though! Worth checking out...

My thought is that the fad of getting a tattoo is slowly decreasing, I wouldn't get one, especially a sleeve.

In later life, I'm sure the people will regret them when they fade and look sad.

Here are some good and some bad.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/3D-16.jpg

3d-tattoo-ideas-15-5ca1d764369d5__700.jp

3D.jpg

3D-15.jpg

3D-17.jpg

When I got my first tattoo it was mostly bikers and their “old ladies” who had them.  I was neither at the time, yet I have never regretted it and got my most recent tattoo on my left breast a few years ago. 

2 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

When I got my first tattoo it was mostly bikers and their “old ladies” who had them.  I was neither at the time, yet I have never regretted it and got my most recent tattoo on my left breast a few years ago. 

The opening poster would probably be of the opinion that you are too stupid for regrets.

I question the intelligence of starting such a derogatory thread. 

55 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Hoops, those look kind of photoshoppy or they were done by one of those sidewalk artists.

top three are real, last two look fake.  In the "real" ones, you can see the irritation of the skin around the edges, and/or where blood has been wiped away, and some sort of cream or lubricant applied (standard procedure after finishing a tattoo).  Second and third look like cover-ups (#2 underwent an obvious several years in hell carving unsightly gashes into his arm, #3 not sure but looks like an old faded tattoo has been skillfully modified and incorporated into a new theme).  The absence of any trauma to the skin and the presence of white coloration give the final two away IMO.

Szalai Tibor turns up in google as a prominent Hungarian tattoo artist. More from him:

tibi_feature.jpg.2d259cbcb13504c03a643c4

szalai-tibor-tibi-tattoo-66420.jpg.895db

apparently white ink really is a thing.  Still skeptical about the lollipop and the Oreos, though.

3 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

"Are people with tattoos stupid?"

Perhaps, but what about the tattooers?

image.png

image.png

I noh nuffin!!!

I actually read an article yesterday about a new Tattoo ink that only lasts ~3 weeks!

I actually thought that this is a good idea, and could open up a new market for people who want to have some fun but don't want a permanent tattoo, and also for people who are not sure, they could do this first and "try before they buy".

2 hours ago, dj_jay_smith said:

I actually read an article yesterday about a new Tattoo ink that only lasts ~3 weeks!

I actually thought that this is a good idea, and could open up a new market for people who want to have some fun but don't want a permanent tattoo, and also for people who are not sure, they could do this first and "try before they buy".

It is called Henna and Indians have been using it for several hundreds of years.

2 hours ago, dj_jay_smith said:

A kid put a decal tattoo on my arm last summer and it lasted over 3 weeks. It looked good too until then. It made me sure I'd never get a real one when I can have a €2 decal with no pain and change them up.

Ex-prisoner tattoos are about as aesthetically disturbing as the scars on forearms of 'cutter' teens (1980s). There's a loaded story behind both sorts; a story you probably don't ever really want to hear. 

Just now, cybil said:

Ex-prisoner tattoos are about as aesthetically disturbing as the scars on forearms of 'cutter' teens (1980s). There's a loaded story behind both sorts; a story you probably don't ever really want to hear. 

Cutting didn't stop in the 80's. It is still alive and well.

2 hours ago, Krieg said:

It is called Henna and Indians have been using it for several hundreds of years.

No not Henna tattoos.  

I couldn't recall it early, but it is "Jaqua".

8 hours ago, robinson100 said:

I noh nuffin!!!

that was a very liberal use of commas in the first picture

actually I think a tattoo that needs any commas is heading in the wrong direction

1 hour ago, dj_jay_smith said:

No not Henna tattoos.  

I couldn't recall it early, but it is "Jaqua".

Jagua.  Used for hundred of years by the other Indians.  (Red Indians).