Are people with tattoos stupid?

268 posts in this topic

If you a girl, not a problem, stay at home mom, you don't need a PDH to raise kids. If you a guy than obviously your choices are limited to jobs that require only a strong back ( strong back weak mind as they used to say).

I'm sure most people with tattoos are smart enough to rearrange PDH in the correct order or did you really mean Plesiochrone Digitale Hierarchie and not PhD? You can stick your stereotypes where the sun doesn't shine.

Yeah, but are they

smart enough to get into University and have a carrier

?!

Personally I always had to lug those books around myself... obviously missed a trick somewhere! :rolleyes:

Jimi, I think your mistake was not getting tattoos but getting tattoos before you were 20. I'm 34, and I'll be getting one, and the only reason I haven't so far is because I'm still trying to find the design I really want. You can be sure once I do settle on it, it'll be one I'll never regret. I almost got a tattoo when I was about 21, and I'm glad I didn't, because I'd have a row of Grateful Dead dancing skeletons on me!

Jimi-in-Toytown uses way too much punctuation and correct spelling and stuff for somebody with that much skin ink.

Mods, do your worst.

tattoos have been discussed on here quite a lot havent they? in other threads i mean.

By stupid I don't mean that your not nice, friendly fun to be around just that you have a low IQ or aren't' smart enough to have a white collar job. I mention that because the latest rage in tattooing is neck face and if your a girl arm tattooing. I figure that anyone getting a tattoo that can't be covered by clothing must not be smart enough to get into University and have a carrier. Any company that my wife has worked at (and being a consultant its plenty) you wouldn't get past the front door with a tattoo that wasn't covered. But then on the other hand if your only ambition in life is to be an extension of a machine than having tattoos can be a big help. If you a girl, not a problem, stay at home mom, you don't need a PDH to raise kids. If you a guy than obviously your choices are limited to jobs that require only a strong back ( strong back weak mind as they used to say).

mentioned this becuase I saw a girl the other day with a beautiful tattoo running down the full length of her arm. She was very pretty, a real pleasure to look at. Her tattoo in particular against her white skin really stood out. Very hip. Only problem is she doesn't realize that its going to look really lower class in a few years when she's married with 3 kids and weights 17 stone. My sister in law is good example of that her tattoos looked really good on her before she got married, now with 4 kids and 5 stone of extra weight it looks terrible. Thankfully she doesn't bare her midriff much any more. So I don't' have to look at them.

I'm sure that there are lots of TTers out there that like or have tattoos, but does a tattoo really look good on an overwieght middle aged women. Well I suppose if does if your a biker chick.

Well after reading that load of condescending, ignorant drivel, I'm presuming you're covered head to toe in colour!!!

My sister in law is good example of that her tattoos looked really good on her before she got married, now with 4 kids and 5 stone of extra weight it looks terrible. Thankfully she doesn't bare her midriff much any more. So I don't' have to look at them.

Perhaps she's counting her blessings that her brother-in-law isn't leering at her midriff any more!

I'm sure most people with tattoos are smart enough to rearrange PDH in the correct order or did you really mean Plesiochrone Digitale Hierarchie and not PhD? You can stick your stereotypes where the sun doesn't shine.

:lol:

add me to the list of "stupid" tattoed people!

I got my tattoo after University! Don't think it changed my intelligence at all! :o

Conclusion: tattoo if you are sure you won't regret!

I won't tattoo, or if yes, only a very very small one... don't want to scare my future grandchildren away with it...

I have two tattoos, but I did get them in places that are coverable.

Have I ever wondered if they were a bad idea? Sure at times.

Do I love them today as much as I did 5 years ago? Not really

Would I get more? Unsure

One was a cover up of a ridiculous home made teenage tattoo experiment gone wrong. So that one I never really dwell on. It is on my left shoulder about three inches by 1 1/2 a chinese astrology sign. Yes, I made sure I got the correct symbol. It is solid black, and doesn't scream look at me.

Now my second tattoo is a bit more bold. It is a black outlined star filled in with striping of the German flag. About 2 inches by 2 inches. I got it to symbolize my attachment to both cultures star= US colors= Germany. At times I wonder if perhaps I could have gone with something a bit less bold. But in the end I have it I deal with it. I like it most days.

When I got mine I put them in concealable places. I would never do the full arm sleeves or face tattoos, as pretty as they look on some people, I doubt it would work for me.

I've got two tattoos, both concealable if necessary, but visible if desired. Will I get more? Probably. Do I care if people think it makes me unintelligent? Not really. But I guess I do care enough about my image since they're always coverable.

Some of pictures from Lavender Rain were ridiculous. I purposefully get tattoos on non-saggy parts of my body. What's up with women who get their chests tattooed? Or the guy with the teardrops? I guess even the tattooed judge the tattooed and think they're idiots sometimes... Pot, meet kettle. :)

I guess even the tattooed judge the tattooed and think they're idiots sometimes... Pot, meet kettle.

I definitely do. I saw a guy arguing with his tattoo artist once about correct spelling ... he was insistent that his way was right and ended up with a misspelled tattoo. I have three. They're all easily concealed and the second and third at least were carefully planned and done by incredible artists, in places that won't sag. They're not a problem from a professional standpoint either; plenty of people in my field have them and they're not in any way a professional barrier.

Ermm! Dare I ask? Which field would that be? Pole dancer,good-time girl, hooker, nun? :D

I've always thought I'd make a good gangster.

I'm actually a research academic. It's almost the same thing.

"I'm actually a research academic. It's almost the same thing"

As a nun or a hooker???

I don't think getting a tattoo means you're stupid, it just means you've got no imagination and can't think of any other way of expressing yourself.

If you want people to know your views about eastern mysticism, naked chicks and/or motorbikes or your propensity for mermaids/dragons/geishas, then write a frigging book about it, don't get a tacky multicoloured monstrosity permanently etched in to your skin, and least of all don't bother having your name written in Urdu, Sanskrit or Mandarin because the only people that will be able to understand it are people from those countries, who, lets face it, look at most westerners with a mixture of pity and disdain most of the time anyway.