Are people with tattoos stupid?

273 posts in this topic

He is probably an idiot for getting a tattoo associated with the far right and which he may regret when/if he changes his political philosophy...

A man or a woman with a tattoo would fit perfectly in the art world or an advertising agency. Being quirky and different alleviates your status in industries where creativity is a requirement. One can also work in video/movie production, journalism, light installation (in an engineering or art capacity), academia, and many other jobs without being looked down to because they have a tattoo. Any position that identifies strength in daring to be different would not mind a person with tattoos, not at all.

As we all have different types of intelligence and society thrives on skill diversity, the verdict is thus very very clear.

On 4/18/2019, 4:12:06, jeremytwo said:

John here's a little ditty I wrote earlier. originally written for me but I think you can have it.

Oh no I'm gonna be told off for singing this while wheelbarrowing soil round the garden now...

Hahahaha!!!! Amazing! I haven't seen the video clip before! 

19 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

So... he is an idiot for getting a tattoo?

No. He's not an idiot for getting a tattoo per se. 

Imo, he's made a serious mistake getting this one (it's on his neck so always visible) and he'll have to live with the consequences. 

1 hour ago, pmd said:

No. He's not an idiot for getting a tattoo per se. 

Lol, can't you see the incoherence here? For you, that tattoo is bad. For me, others are bad. Let's talk about the concept: with a tattoo, you are exteriorizing something personal. Now your brother in law will be judge at first sight, the same way I judge hipsters or other types of idiots by their tattoos.

People with tattoos aren't stupid. Just as people without tattoos aren't clever. There may be a correlation with tattoos and "low IQ" but there is no causal relationship. And we shouldn't judge people before we know their story.

I have shit skin. I started tattooing over it and it gives me a great sense of, for lack of a better word, empowerment. It feels good to be able take something that I don't like and turn into something I do like. I'm not a creative or emotionally expressive person, but letting a tattoo artist create something cool...I dunno...I like it and haven't regretted it yet. Admittedly I have nothing visible but I could definitely imagine doing so in the future.

9 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

Lol, can't you see the incoherence here? For you, that tattoo is bad. For me, others are bad. Let's talk about the concept: with a tattoo, you are exteriorizing something personal. Now your brother in law will be judge at first sight, the same way I judge hipsters or other types of idiots by their tattoos.

11 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

So... he is an idiot for getting a tattoo?

He can do whatever he wants with non-political tattoos. His free will, his life. Not my problem.

However, when he starts making political statements (consciously or ignorantly) with a tattoo that are against my beliefs, that's when I can insist that he covers it up or I don't meet up with him.

I don't find my stance incoherent but others may find it so.

There I leave ya! ?

Don't reckon much on his new girlfriend, hope they don't kiss and make up.

On 4/15/2019, 8:49:45, jeremytwo said:

PJW:

I let my kids watch this in April. Very effective. Just yesterday I overheard kid no 2 saying tatoos are for stupid people out of the blue. Do you have something similar against smoking?

No, people that get tattoos are not stupid, such a stupid question..

Before you get a tat, keep in mind that tattoo ink fades over time.  What looks cool and fresh at first will age and lose its 'pop' down the road. Spend the extra money for higher quality ink and a skilled artist, pick the darker inks, and consider where you're going to place the tattoo. Areas with high activity will fade faster, i.e., fingers, feet. The design also makes a big difference. The more intricate, the more blurry it will get over time, small print bleeds. Use moisturizer, keep it out of the sun, and use sunscreen.

17 minutes ago, Techsmex said:

No, people that get tattoos are not stupid, such a stupid question..

Before you get a tat, keep in mind that tattoo ink fades over time.  What looks cool and fresh at first will age and lose its 'pop' down the road. Spend the extra money for higher quality ink and a skilled artist, pick the darker inks, and consider where you're going to place the tattoo. Areas with high activity will fade faster, i.e., fingers, feet. The design also makes a big difference. The more intricate, the more blurry it will get over time, small print bleeds. Use moisturizer, keep it out of the sun, and use sunscreen.

Also to add to this is that over time your skin ends up wrinkled and I see so many older people with a tattoo that looks a right mess not because the tattoo is bad but the skin has changed so much.

9 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Also to add to this is that over time your skin ends up wrinkled 

Well, duh!  you raise a good point for the younguns that think they will remain forever young.

Tattoos are a choice you are going to live with for long time (like kids).
Make sure you really want one before you take the plunge.

If you decide later it was a mistake, removal is a lot better than it was years ago but can be expensive.

Having said that, some people did not take into consideration how the future would be, tattoo on face, picture or name of now ex etc.