Are people with tattoos stupid?

268 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Wherearewegoingto said:

I dont know whether they are stupid. But I definitely know that the colours do infiltrate the closest lymph nodes. Since there is no regulation regarding the content of these colours its sort of russian roulette which powder will be used to produce the ink. All is allowed and a lot of basic colour powder does contain toxic heavy metal parts. These powders are used for all kind of colour use including basic material for car paint which is nothing I would want to get under my skin.

That is absolutely untrue in Munich, Germany and I believe the whole EU! Tattoo colours containing toxic heavy metals, florescent and luminous materials etc have been banned in Europe for ages. The current regulations regarding what is permitted in Tattoo colours is very strict and is enforced on both suppliers and users by the Ordnungsamt who take samples to test for compliance. I addition Tattoo Studios are subject to regular checks and visits by the Gesundheitamt.

13 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

FFS - to each her/his own.

Don't like 'em? Don't get 'em and learn not to judge others.

Simplz.

Is this possible in the world we live in, Fraufruit?

I think everyone can give an opinion on this forum. Tattooing, as far as I am concerned, is a sickness which should be stamped out before all our children become infected.

28 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

That is absolutely untrue in Munich, Germany and I believe the whole EU! Tattoo colours containing toxic heavy metals, florescent and luminous materials etc have been banned in Europe for ages. The current regulations regarding what is permitted in Tattoo colours is very strict and is enforced on both suppliers and users by the Ordnungsamt who take samples to test for compliance. I addition Tattoo Studios are subject to regular checks and visits by the Gesundheitamt.

some of us didn't get our tattoos in the EU.

don't be provincial ;)

plus, there are at present no sweeping regulations about tattoo ink, even in the EU:  https://echa.europa.eu/hot-topics/tattoo-inks

3 minutes ago, Acton said:

Is this possible in the world we live in, Fraufruit?

I think everyone can give an opinion on this forum. Tattooing, as far as I am concerned, is a sickness which should be stamped out before all our children become infected.

Opinions yes, suggesting violence though is something else in my opinion.

I think it is a fine line between judging someone on some color on their skin and judging someone because of the color of their skin.

That's just my opinion, of course.

It all starts with a very small mind. Not my opinion, that is. B)

8 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

some of us didn't get our tattoos in the EU.

don't be provincial ;)

plus, there are at present no sweeping regulations about tattoo ink, even in the EU:  https://echa.europa.eu/hot-topics/tattoo-inks

Well then, it may be provincial but, you would be well advised to get any future tattoos in Germany.;)

42 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

FFS - to each her/his own.

Don't like 'em? Don't get 'em and learn not to judge others.

Simplz.

Exactly.  Other "sicknesses" that could be stamped out may include alcohol and tobacco.  Personal choice.

Not taking control of the thread, just an opinion.

1 hour ago, Acton said:

I think everyone can give an opinion on this forum. Close-mindedness, as far as I am concerned, is a sickness which should be stamped out before all our children become infected.

fixed that for you.

:D:D:D

I personally am too claustrophobic to have a tattoo but a certain person I have been close to for many years has a delightful small blue rose tattoo on  a certain hidden (for most eyes ) part of her body from the time we first met!!!

I like to see  a person with maybe one or two small tattoos if tasteful. I don´t like massive tattoos taking up half of someone´s leg , for example, but I don´t care. Each to their own and I won´t judge.

3 hours ago, Acton said:

Any idiot who gets a tattoo should be shot. End of discussion.

That would be the end of all Polynesian cultures then!

:P

But what I didn´t know:

http://www.historyoftattoos.net/

When I was growing up in 1950s England, a tattoo for me meant: either a sailor or someone really dodgy/criminal...but I was a kid.

7 minutes ago, john g. said:

That would be the end of all Polynesian cultures then!

:P

And the Haka at the rugby would never be the same!!!

3 hours ago, Acton said:

Any idiot who gets a tattoo should be shot. End of discussion.

Acton- heard of a democratic way of life?

How we choose to decorate/ clothe our bodies is our choice.  Are you against make up cover,  hair colouring, nail varnish??

So- ear piercings for ear-rings?  Those who had reconstructive surgery after breast cancer, and  tattooing is part of this. Shoot them all?

Cover tattoos for birth marks, burns, scars?

Puritans think like that, Red!

Some of the expat women in our village are like that. NO jewellery, no make up, no lovely rings..but the real reason: they pretend to be alternative in their thinking (ever so liberal, middle class ) but they (and/or their partners ) don´t want to spend money on feeling good about themselves and their partners often don´t care about their looks either as they are in their 60s etc but, in reality, would be jealous if someone else took a fancy to their partner! So -- often snidey remarks if (usually ) another woman looks after herself and her body, doesn´t get fat etc.

Same goes for some women who prefer their male partner not to take care of himself, dress up, put on eau de cologne etc. Fear of their partner looking attractive!

My Nicole is happy I had a pedicure and manicure today! She is happy about her new perfume from today. I am happy. Why should I give up life and enjoying beauty because I am 66?

And she enjoyed my singing in the street afterwards of " I´m too sexy for my body!"

(learnt the words off of her!)

:D

5 hours ago, Acton said:

Bye. I'll get my coat.

Good riddance.

On 16.4.2019, 09:15:59, BayrischDude said:

Interesting opinion.  I don't see how having a strong feeling towards a tattoo makes one over-compensate for something.  I respect that you have a negative view of tattoos, but to have it directed at the tattooed people and to add that they are over-compensating is a bit close minded.

Tattoos gained popularity (to a degree) during the 20th Century as a rebelious symbol in western societies.  Think Hell's Angels.  I'm no psychologist, but over-compensating for what exactly?

My tattoos are all family, history and a personal belief.  My mother's father had a ranch in Mexico and he used a particular cattle brand in the 1920s and 1930s.  My father used the same brand in Texas on his ranch.  I don't have a ranch.  In 1980 I had the brand tattooed on my left deltoid. What is that over-compensating for?  I am proud to have it, see it every day and it is a nice reminder of my mother's side of the family.

So, to my original question to your comment:  what am I over-compensating for?   An average sized penis? :lol:  A receeding hair line? :lol::lol:

Without knowing the details, I would say emotional insecurity, need for affirmation and need to belong to a group.

21 hours ago, Imanuxuf said:

Everytime @MikeMelga posts something, I have to brace myself before reading - which I then do with perverse pleasure. Oh wait, I have tattoos so I must be unbalanced. What a sad and limited view of the world.

Jeezzz, you have been in Germany for too long and lost your humour sense. I thought that "Namaste motherfucker!!" was a good enough clue.